Pennzoil Platinum is the only synthetic oil...as per Scotty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Eddie
Must be true because it's on the internet. Ed

thumbsup2.gif

Every time I see him I'm reminded that somewhere a village is missing its idiot...

Originally Posted by parshisa
….

Scotty talking about oil again
33.gif

I diddnt watch but for the Majors is Ilsac GF-5 , Shell GTL is synthesized, whereas most other are produced from crude minera oil or its byproducts (slackwax e.g: VISOM, SHELL XHVI)

Last edited:
Bee harnest! secreetly we all like him a litle. Yu hav to admit he is intertaning. Comeon, now.

I have hem on my yutoob alerts.

You eat the hay and spit out the sticks. (I read this somewhere and it makes a lot of cents.)

I watch him less now than I used to. I cannot stand his annoying voice and yelling! About 50% of the time he is right about most things. Being a mechanic 40 years doesn't make you a good one...

I used to watch him in the past purely for the entertainment value. His videos lately have gotten particularly annoying and click baitey.

ETCG is one my fav YT mechanics but his Fairmont, and now Mini series don't interest me. I wish he'd pepper in more regular repair vids.

SMA is my fav channel at the moment.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
I watch him less now than I used to. I cannot stand his annoying voice and yelling! About 50% of the time he is right about most things. Being a mechanic 40 years doesn't make you a good one...

If I Google something looking for info and Scotty pops up, "I May" give it a watch but most of the time I will watch a few or more from different people.
One thing I notice, and maybe it is all for show, is the state of his garage and his wife's car (that he works on in this vid) Talk about a slob and being disorganized.

Call me anal, but seeing those things does not scream competence/ability to me.

This isn't news, most mechanics don't know squat about oil. I had a lot of them tell me to avoid Pennzoil at all costs because it sludges engines, back before I knew about BITOG and actually believed it! Same with mechanics bashing Fram filters.

Originally Posted by jongies3
This isn't news, most mechanics don't know squat about oil. I had a lot of them tell me to avoid Pennzoil at all costs because it sludges engines, back before I knew about BITOG and actually believed it! Same with mechanics bashing Fram filters.

I have seen Mechanics and I have questioned how in the h*ll did they ever get their license? Not knocking all of them of course as I have 2 buds who are one and they are great, like most, but sometimes I wonder?

I suppose it's like the old saying, "The World is not filled with a**holes, they are just strategically placed so you run into one everyday"

I can't believe how many people praise him in the comments and really seem to look up to him. It's really sad.

What's the video where he talks about Boxer engines? I can only imagine "Why you should NEVER buy a car with a boxer engine!"

The quick-strut video is too much... "Don't use junk $88 quick struts" and then shows $800 OEM struts. And THEN proceeds to reccomend Autozone strut bearings. With his disregard for safety, I wouldn't take one bit of his advice regarding compressing springs, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by madeej11
Seen it too many times on this site for it to be a typo . There's a difference between typos and just not knowing.
Like using the wrong tense of a certain verb.

Originally Posted by blupupher
I am not sure which is funnier, the actual Scotty videos, or the ones making fun of it.

Haha AWESOME!
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back