Pennzoil Platinum HM formula???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know when/if it is coming...That is the oil I want to run but unfortunately it doesn't exist
54.gif

I doubt Pennzoil will product a HM PP product....they're HM oil is already well-respected, and a good product. There's no need for it, no matter what Mobil says!

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I'm not saying it will not happen, but I highly doubt it will. They already have a HM oil.

I only use full synthetic, but I would like to use an HM product in my Crown Vic. If Pennzoil or Quaker State don't come out with one, I might have to go to Valvoline.
frown.gif

Well guys, I was gonna switch to Maxlife but I want a full-syn HM oil. I am not a Valvoline man anyway, so that leave me with one choice...M1 HM..good oil from what everyone says, but I have been using M1 for years and it burns off quickly and always has...I want Pennzoil, but their HM oil is a dino and for a vehicle that sits and is only gonna be driven as a weekend warrior everyone seems to think full-syn is the way to go if only gonna be changed once per year?

The answer for me would be PP HM formula

Last edited:
If your engine is burning oil you have a an engine problem, it's not M1.

With that said,I used M1 10-30 HM in my very high mileage Mercury and did a UOA with good results at 9400 mile OCI. If you want the details on the UOA let me know.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ

Mobil1 makes a high mileage formula. It has good specs on paper.

Yes I am aware of that :)

Originally Posted By: tig1
If your engine is burning oil you have a an engine problem, it's not M1.
With that said,I used M1 10-30 HM in my very high mileage Mercury and did a UOA with good results at 9400 mile OCI. If you want the details on the UOA let me know.

Naaahh the motor has used maybe 3/4 of a QT every 3k of Mobil-1 since it had low miles on it...I have no doubt that M1 has protected this motor well since it doesn't smoke or run bad and looks clean in the valve covers...but it has always used oil since nearly new and MANY other people on the net in a variety of different applications report the same thing whereas M1 burns off and then they try another brand and it doesn't. You know that from being on BITOG surely?

BUT I am more willing to accept this since the vehicle will not be a DD anymore it will not really be an issue. I can say that it was M1 silver cap that I had this issue with and I began rotating M1 every-other OCI a couple years back. I am not 100% sure M1 HM will burn off as fast as the regular M1 though...But again less of an issue with a non-dd...

I just want to know if M1 HM will resist moisture, oxidation, and fuel contamination more than Maxlife blend cause I need a good oil for a vehicle that sits alot.

Originally Posted By: mechjames
Valvoline Maxlife comes in Synthetic Blend and Full synthetic, but its hard to find though. Information is on valvoline's website.

Yeah I can get it at O'Reilly's but I have always run M1 so I am gonna stick to that for a HM oil unless Pennzoil releases a PP version I guess.

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
Anyone know when/if it is coming...That is the oil I want to run but unfortunately it doesn't exist
54.gif

So after asking all of those questions about oil, you decide on a oil that isn't even made??? Come on Okie.

I don't understand this burnoff thing as I have used M1 for 31 years. But the M1 10-30 HM is an outstanding oil.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Originally Posted By: FastSUV
54.gif

So after asking all of those questions about oil, you decide on a oil that isn't even made??? Come on Okie.

LOL...hey I am good at that...demand drives invention...I am still wanting name-brand LT truck/SUV tires in 255/75R16 but I have yet to find those either :)

Originally Posted By: tig1
I don't understand this burnoff thing as I have used M1 for 31 years. But the M1 10-30 HM is an outstanding oil.

It has done my engine well even under abuse...I have mostly changed the M1 EVERY 3K and I am sure that has really helped it in my pre-BITOG days LOL. Anyway, I looked into this M1 burn-off thing and many have reported the same thing on the internet...it is a great oil, but it many cars & trucks it uses oil when there is not a valid reason or mechanical problem. Then again, many others report it doesn't...but it is not just me..I'd say silver cap M1 uses 1/2 to 3/4 QT every 3k in my rig...But I never really gauged the HM M1 cause I have only run it a few OCI's in this Jeep and did not take note of whether it burned off less or any at all as compared to the non-HM M1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back