Pennzoil Platinum HM 5w30 - 7,501 miles - Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Got the UOA back from my Camry with the free Pennzoil Platinum HM 5w30 GenaFishbeck sent me. I ran this oil for 4-1/2 months & 7,501 miles with a Fram Ultra. During this time, the air intake tube became dry-rotted and broke off, so there was a few days where it basically wasn't filtering air. Also, there was a hole in the intake tube for a while before that. It needs valve guide seals, that's why it needed so much makeup oil. Current fill is Mobil 1 EP 10w30 & a new Fram Ultra. Universal averages in the UOA are from 5,300 miles

The first UOA I did was with Chevron Supreme HM 5w30 & a Fram Ultra

Let me know how it looks, looks good from what I can tell

xBaib54.png

50% more miles for the same Iron and similar TBN (compared to the Chevron). That looks good to me (no problems with the Chevron though)

Does look good there young fella. I bet my lady's Camry would be about the same too. Great cars we got here
smile.gif

Nominal KV@100*C is 10.1
This used KV@100*c of 10.43 'may' have indicated possible thickening .....
Is the used oil sample highly darkened black ,grainy touch and/or bit of smell ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zeng
Nominal KV@100*C is 10.1
This used KV@100*c of 10.43 'may' have indicated possible thickening .....
Is the used oil sample highly darkened black ,grainy touch and/or bit of smell ?
I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary

I believe that the KV would be variable by batch production. So this would easily be within normal operational margins.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I believe that the KV would be variable by batch production. So this would easily be within normal operational margins.

Agree with you ..
thumbsup2.gif

In the absence of TAN, FTIR oxidation and Nitration #s, I would place some importance on oil sample discoloration,smell,grainy touch in this case for additional clues, if it helps.
Maybe that's just me.
blush.gif

Edit:What's its likely virgin TBN ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back