Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5w30 and SN rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
I thought Dexos 2 was for GM Diesels and GM gassers that didn't need low SAPS?

It's for diesels and certain gassers. It's based on the ACEA C3 sequence, which is Mid-SAPS.

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
I thought Dexos 2 was for GM Diesels and GM gassers that didn't need low SAPS?

It's for diesels and certain gassers. It's based on the ACEA C3 sequence, which is Mid-SAPS.

Thanks! I didn't know what the ACEA spec was.

I ran this oil in my 2018 Ford F-250 6.2L
Never ever agian !!!!🤨

Valve train noise was terrible
Drain and replaced with my normal
QS synthetic 5W-30
Alls good again ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by kstanf150
I ran this oil in my 2018 Ford F-250 6.2L
Never ever agian !!!!🤨

Valve train noise was terrible
Drain and replaced with my normal
QS synthetic 5W-30
Alls good again ðŸ‘

Probably has to do with it being thicker than resource conserving 5W-30s, which is what your engine calls for (maybe even 5W-20?) and what that QS is. Perhaps the lifters weren't filling appropriately or something.

PP Euro L 5W-30 is borderline a 5W-40.

Last edited:
I thought the max Sulfated Ash level of 229.51 was .8. Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5w30 is approved, so how could this be?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RogerBacon
I thought the max Sulfated Ash level of 229.51 was .8. Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5w30 is approved, so how could this be?

As mentioned earlier it is mid-saps (.8 max) dexos 2 C3 oil which will still meet 229.51 if everything else is in order. I think (not positive) max for low saps is .6 ?

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Originally Posted by RogerBacon

As mentioned earlier it is mid-saps (.8 max) dexos 2 C3 oil which will still meet 229.51 if everything else is in order. I think (not positive) max for low saps is .6 ?

The only oil I know of with an SA level as low as .6 is the original ESP Formula 5w30 M1. Pennzoil technical support told me that Euro L 5w30 is .85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back