Barium............0

Flashpoint F.....395
Fuel............... Antifreeze........0
Water.............0
Insoluables.......0.2
SUS [email protected]
cST [email protected]
TBN...............1.8

did well, but a bit of a dissapointing TBN for a quality synthetic on a pretty easy engine under 10k miles.

That looks great.

I think the TBN is fine. It made it to almost 10,000 miles and the TBN is still above a 1. Most people think regular Syn oils should be able to do 10,000 miles so there you are.

**Remember PP is not marketed as a Long OCI oil

Perfect run. Good show!

BTW - nice car. I like the look of the Sky a lot better than the Solstice...hang onto it, it will be a collector car soon!

Your point is valid. That being said, regular dino oils are usually good for 6-8k in engines like these. Heck, the stock OLM is probably set for dino oils and look what it was saying!!

PP tends to hold it's TBN fairly well from what I've seen. This engine is fairly easy to oils (albeit, I know more about the older 2.2 liter version). I consider 1.8 to be pretty depleted, as most likely the TAN is higher than the TBN at that point.

So to me, this run of PP shows great results but I'd be hesitant to run it to 10k EVERY time, as an adverse condition (i.e. harder driving, extreme ambient temps, etc.) could deplete that TBN even further. Unless this run was under some sort of adverse condition, which could be the case, or there could've been alot of residual oil from the last oil change (whatever that was) that we don't know about.

Joe

Originally Posted By: ZZman
That looks great.

I think the TBN is fine. It made it to almost 10,000 miles and the TBN is still above a 1.

I agree it could have sqweeezed 10k..

Originally Posted By: tackleberry625
does this engine usually produce iron like this? Everything else looks good.

Iron doesn't look bad to me, keep in mind this OCI was almost 10k. So if it were a 5 or 6k interval the iron would've most likely been 9ppm or less.

351 miles away from 10k
spankme2.gif

I'd think 10,000 miles would be the limit. Based on what I've learned about reading UOA's this one looks very good. I'd cap it at 10,000 miles as my maximum for that oil and filter combo.

I’m pretty happy with these results. Especially since I bought several cases of the oil at 99 cents a qt.!
Once I run out of PP I’ll probably try one of the 10W30 HDEOs in it, but that will be a while with 10,000 mile OCIs.

Rick

Nice results. Looks like at 10K, you get your money's worth out of that oil.

yep, great report. 10k miles (16k km
crazy2.gif
) is a lot of miles imho and PP appeared to go that far just fine. TBN of 1.8 means there's a little life left, but I wouldn't push it much further.

What this UOA tells me is that GM's olm likes to push an oil to it's useful life. So I would use a syn like PP if I were to obey the olm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back