Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 6 gal Ecobox $5.81 WM

Walmart is selling Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 ........6 gal in the Ecobox for $5.81 in store purchase
I assume these are the prices that are figured in for what they already charge for an oil change? Not sure how it works.

This is per quart for bulk oil in excess of the 5qts included with their normal oil changes.
Well I went ahead and ordered PPHM 5w20 box for $2.42. We shall see if it arrives

Attachments

• B6952DC6-5840-4C5F-932F-081AF6A5AC33.jpg
    B6952DC6-5840-4C5F-932F-081AF6A5AC33.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 33
Talk about false advertising! There’s no way they’re selling an entire Ecobox for these prices! Additional quarts, maybe, but 6 gallons (which is what the listed price per quart makes it look like), not happening.

I've seen a few times one walmart has left out 6gallon ecoboxes of supertech, I wonder if you scanned them at the self checkout what they'd ring out for.

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
I got an Eco box of Castrol oil once from one of these once for like $4.

For giggles, I ordered 10 of the advanced durability 5w-30.
If I get 60 gallons for $23 shipped, I have no idea what I would do with it.
If I get 10 qts, I will return it.

It will most likely get cancelled though.

Last edited:
Well I see the QSAD in 5W20 and 5W30 were letting you add it to the cart for delivery now so I guess we'll see what happens, ordered enough to get free shipping so 11 of each, I'm sure it'll get cancelled, but it'll be hilarious if they do deliver. In the past people would order for in store and be shot down at the store, but showed this was available for delivery, if it makes it to the warehouse they'll possibly pick it and ship it, I assume the UPC on the entire Eco box is normally only intended to be scanned by the auto area and only rings up the one court price so if a picker in the warehouse goes to find it they'll have to pull 11 boxes.

Actually I just thought of how this will backfire, most orders no longer ship from the warehouse, if a local store has it in stock, they have the store deliver it, so it'll go to the store and get cancelled, and also the store will see who you are and if you know the people in the store you might make an idiot out of yourself.

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
Actually I just thought of how this will backfire, most orders no longer ship from the warehouse, if a local store has it in stock, they have the store deliver it, so it'll go to the store and get cancelled, and also the store will see who you are and if you know the people in the store you might make an idiot out of yourself.
I doubt a local store will have more than 1-2 of these in stock, so it would have to come from a warehouse if you order a bunch.

Like I said above, these show up every few months, and 99.9% of them get canceled.

But there is always that 0.1% that somehow make it through.

See the bottom left of the pic, that is the one I got:

33 gallons.jpg

They recently switched to delivering from the store though it seems, like sometime in the last several months, I'm not sure how they're inventoried at the store, if it's by the quart or by the box?

blupupher

Site Donor 2021
Well if it is sent to the store to be sent to me, why can't I just pick it up at store for free?
Since I "only" ordered 10, I did not get free shipping (It was $5.99 for 10, so that right there tells me they are planning on qt bottles, not 6 gallon boxes).
If I get 10 qts, I may have to raise a stink to get the shipping refunded since they did not send what was shown (both the picture and the model number).

Well if it is sent to the store to be sent to me, why can't I just pick it up at store for free?
Since I "only" ordered 10, I did not get free shipping (It was $5.99 for 10, so that right there tells me they are planning on qt bottles, not 6 gallon boxes).
If I get 10 qts, I may have to raise a stink to get the shipping refunded since they did not send what was shown (both the picture and the model number).
The product is not sent to the store, they'll look at a local store that's got available stock and send the order to them to be fulfilled from available stock and then a local delivery driver will take it to your house. In this case I'm not sure if the stores keep inventory per quart or what.