Pennzoil Platinum 5W-40 pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering who carries Pennzoil Platinum 5W-40. This oil is hard to find but I found it. I called a Pennzoil distributor and they told me which stores they distribute to. Found it at Common's Auto Parts in South San Francisco. Price is reasonable $4.79/quart. I should have asked if they also carry the 5W-30 European Forumla. This will go in the VW next oil change. Theres no strong smell to it. Oil is SL rated. Enjoy the pictures. Picture quality is not that great, digital camera kind of broken.

-

-

Congratulations. You may be the only BITOGer to have ever put your hands on a bottle of this oil.
cheers.gif

Does the bottle list the VW 502.00 oil spec.?

Well I don't think I'm the first one that have bought this oil. Someone here recently got some.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=51;t=000979

Yes it does meet VW 502.00 which is one reason why I'm going to run it in the VW Jetta 2.0L. I know the you can't really read the words on the bottle very well. It list the specs right above the API donut. It reads "Meets or exceeds API SL, Mercedes-Benz 229.3, VW 502.00, VW 505.00, ACEA A3/B3, BMW LL-98 and Porsche requirements."

Cool, thanks for the tip. I might drive by Common's and get a little stash of that brew. A birdie told me this was very good stuff.

wavinwayne, the specs of PP 5W-40 and Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 don't match exactly.

I got myself a case of PP 5W-40 at Common's yesterday. It's not a place where you wander around and browse. I felt bad for the old lady who schlepped the case of oil to the counter. I paid a dollar more per quart than lpcmidst128. I guess I didn't get the secret handshake right.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back