Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 TDS

I use the 10w30 as it’s cheaper by 2-4 dollars before and after taxes. Formulation is still very great. And here in Florida once heated it thins out anyways. I wish they sold a 40 weight to public but don’t understand why not. Even if it’s GTL base stock. Shouldn’t be hard to produce or make public.
How much cleaner does the high mileage platinum clean vs regular platinum or ultra platinum is my question. I’m not too worried about seal swellers as every other change with another platinum should be fine when looking to clean up things.
Marketing does work.

I think the big oil companies are celebrating with the advent of 0W-16 and 0W-8. It allows them to put less petroleum into each quart of oil and make bigger profits. The movement to thinner fluids seems similar to a fast food restaurant watering down the soft drinks or a bar wattering down the beer from a tap. More profits for the seller, lower quality for the product.
*The way things are going with assertive White House anti-petroleum measures - most of us will never see a vehicle using 0W16 or 0W8 motor oils for internal combustion engines as we will all be driving electric vehicles by then and posting on : "Bob Is The Electric Guy" !

Back