Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30, 7541 miles, 97 Honda Civi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been about three years since I have been on here so I have for fogotten my login information. My brother was kind enough to allow me to use his account to post my oil analysis report. With that said the results are below:

1997 Honda Civic
Oil: Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30
Oil filter- Wix
Air filter- Wix
Total miles on vehicle = 134,982
Miles on oil = 7,541
Time on oil ~3 months
Make up oil= None

Aluminum----------0
Chromium----------0
Iron----------------5
Copper-------------6
Lead---------------10
Tin-----------------0
Molybdenum-------56
Nickel--------------0
Manganese---------0
Silver--------------0
Titanium----------0
Vanadium----------0
Antimony----------0
Lithium-----------0
Potassium---------2
Boron-------------33
Barium------------2
Silicon-----------17
Sodium------------5
Calcium-----------3236
Magnesium---------14
Phosphorous-------779
Zinc--------------936

CSt Visc. @ 100C----10.3

Fuel (%)----------------- Water (%)--------------- TBN---------------------5.38
Soot-------------------- Oxidation----------------21
Nitration----------------24

Everything looks good to my eye except the wear metals which are a little higher than I am used to seeing. This is also my first oil analysis without an Amsoil By-pass filter(They are installed on different pieces of equipment.) so no doubt I probably have to allow for higher wear numbers on my Honda Civic.

Any thoughts or comments?

Bobby Johnson

Last edited:
Alright guys, I stand corrected. Like I said, I haven't looked an oil report in 3 or 4 years so I feel a little rusty.

Bobby

It's a nice run and a good oci for you. You could run a M1 filter for better filtering and save the uoa money.

Wear numbers look good, a TBN of 5+ is excellent meaning you could have run it for a bit longer. Noticed still additives were left. Switch to a Mobil 1 filter and run it for a little longer like 9k-10k?

If XM went out of business today and M1 oils were no longer produced, and as soon as I finished up with the team of psycholist needed to bring me back form the brink, I would switch over to PP right away. Good Stuff.

Lead 'shouldn't' be higher than iron, that's supposed to indicate an oil that is too thin. But both are soooo low here it doesn't matter. Might be a particle streak that has to run through.....

Originally Posted By: tig1
If XM went out of business today and M1 oils were no longer produced, and as soon as I finished up with the team of psychologists needed to bring me back from the brink, I would switch over to PP right away.
LOL.gif

This engine definitely calls for 5W-30 and everything other than lead looks great. Consider sampling again to see if the lead was an anomaly but unless you get kicks trying to get PPMs down below already low levels you don't have much to worry about. Looks like you have a good combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back