Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 4k mi Audi 2.8 V6 30v

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackstone2.jpg

No TBN, how could Blackstone say your oil can go to 7,000 miles?

Not saying it couldn't but your taking their word on it?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I would not run an API SM oil in a car recommending ACEA A3 oil. Doesn't Audi require 5W-40 for this application?

They may very well, but the PP 5W-30 certainly hasn't hurt anything here, Johnny.

You should be proud of the PP!

This one looks much better than the one posted with the same PP 5W-30 oil in the Audi 1.8T engine. Different engine and shorter OCI are two obvious, significant differences.

3qts of make up oil is a lot. You have half an oil change over this OCI.

I've always wondered where the oil goes? 3 qts couldn't have evaporated if it did the oil would have gotten a lot thicker.

Hey Audi Junkie, slightly off topic, but can you give me some feedback on the relative reliability of the 2.8, 3.0, and 3.2 engines? Where would you rank them on a scale of 1-100 with 100 being the best? Seeing tons of used Audi's of various flavors for pretty cheap now and considering buying one to play with. I think the 2.7 turbo engine is pretty good? but I only see a6's with those it seems like. Thanks for any feedback.

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay

Maybe their machine gives a TBN but they just won't tell you unless you pay 10 bucks.

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay

Maybe their machine gives a TBN but they just won't tell you unless you pay 10 bucks.

Well he had 3 qts make up oil, I'm pretty sure there was no problem with his TBN. Waited for someone to see it.

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
I think that's .3. 3 would be excessive

Well it would be nicer if they put 0.3. That would negate confusion.

Saaber

The AVK is not so great a Cosworth design

http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24937#293406

The 2.7tt is great, but high maint and you have to pull the motor to change turbos.

The plain 2.8 30v is a good engine, in the 2000 A6q it's a cheap lux ride w/ quattro.

I think the TT is great for the money now, lots to choose from and they are generally clean, coming off inclusive dealer maintenance. The 1.8t in them does not sludge.

It's kind of late now, but post some examples of used cars and I'll be happy to comment. Most knowledgeable guys are now at quattroworld.com vs audiworld

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Saaber

The AVK is not so great a Cosworth design

http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24937#293406

The 2.7tt is great, but high maint and you have to pull the motor to change turbos.

The plain 2.8 30v is a good engine, in the 2000 A6q it's a cheap lux ride w/ quattro.

I think the TT is great for the money now, lots to choose from and they are generally clean, coming off inclusive dealer maintenance. The 1.8t in them does not sludge.

It's kind of late now, but post some examples of used cars and I'll be happy to comment. Most knowledgeable guys are now at quattroworld.com vs audiworld

Wow, great info thanks! Seeing some of those 3.0 bearing and sludge photos made me want to
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back