Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan_FX4

$50 Site Donor 2022
Just curious if anybody has bought and is running P.P. 0W-20 now that Walmart is carrying it. I hadn't seen mention of it on here, and all of the Wally World's around home and here at school have had it for at least the past few weeks but only in 5 quart jugs. Sorry if this is a repost.

PennzoilPlatinum0W-20.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure, but I checked two Walmarts at home in E.C. IL and both carried it, and then the two Walmarts close by down here in southern IL carry it as well.

Walmarts here don't have it. If they did I'd try it for sure. They just got Motorcraft 5w 20 back in stock after a few months of being out.

are the 0w grades of QSUD and platinum the same price as the others? obviously M1 isn't but if there others are i will definitely pick one up on my next visit to wally world!

Originally Posted By: bepperb
Ours has Mobil 1 and Quaker State full syn 0w-20, but no pennzoil platinum. Maybe a regional thing?

+1....same here in Central Oregon..... Wish they would carry PZ 0w20.

Interesting, I guess it's whatever sells well locally as my local Walmart has dropped not just Valvoline Nextgen but all of the Synpower and the regular Maxlife 5w-20. However they do keep the full line of Pennzoil from PYB to Ultra well stocked so I'm still good to go.
grin.gif

JordanFX4
I have been using this oil for about 2500 miles in my Odyssey now and have seen an increase in fuel mileage of about a 1mpg gain. Unless, This is because of the Ethanol being lifted from the gas stations. Im not sure. Otherwise I have been pretty happy with this oil. No unusual valvetrain noise or anything else.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info 05Blazer, that's good to hear! I am pretty excited to try P.P. 0W-20 in my truck, but unfortunately I changed the oil not to long ago. I'm confident that this is a great oil but I just hadn't seen much mention of it since it became widely available in 5qt. jugs so I wasn't sure whether many people had tried it yet.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Does the penzoil plat carry Ford's certification? I want to run this in my Focus but not sure if it would void my warranty.

The 5w-20 does, but not the 0w-20.

-Bryan

I've run PennzPlat in the past. I would run the OW/20 and OW/30 if it was availale. If I can find it in October, I will run it in my 06 Colorado for 1 yr OCI's (4800 miles on average).

picked up a jug and will go in the sienna in a few months with some leftover pp 5w20 on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Does the penzoil plat carry Ford's certification? I want to run this in my Focus but not sure if it would void my warranty.
To my knowledge Mobil 1 0w20 is the only Ford certified 0w20.

Ohio WMs are starting to see PP 0w20. I checked and there is zero certification outside of the SN (no Chrysler, Ford, nor GM). I know Castrol Ti 0w20 also doesn't have any manufacturer certification (I have that stashed for the next oil change on my Focus) - but I'm still going to confidently use it all the same for 10,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back