Pennzoil phasing out conventional oil ?

Just checked the Pennzoil website....looks like a Autozone special. This one must have got by me. Sad part is you can buy both Plat/Ultra cheaper at Walmart.....
It seemed like it at first but I and a few others have spotted it on shelves at Walmart, wouldn't surprise me much at all if it was just QSUD in another bottle.

I’m mad because it makes my gaskets leak. And I feel they are ripping you off with the synthetic because my engine stays clean with conventional.
Ive never had synthetic cause leaks on anything and I have ran it in older and newer engines, transmissions, axles, etc.

If you are getting leaks its because you already had a leak to begin with.

My 84 F250 diesel was never speced for synthetic but when I was using it as my daily it would get 5W40 synthetic in the winter. Going from 15W40 to 5W40 made starting the beast in the single digits much easier. The cork valve cover gaskets always seeped some. Even with new ones installed they seeped. Every year when I would switch over to Rotella T6 5W40 for the winter they would be dry within a week of switching to synthetic. As soon as I switched back to conventional in the spring they would start seeping again. That goes against pretty much everything I have ever heard about synthetic but I watched it happen 3 or 4 years in a row.

Makes me angry. I’m a conventional oil guy. Especially for my old stuff. I use mainly 10W-30, 10W-40 and 20W-50 in my older stuff. And 15W-50 if I can find it in non synthetic. I noticed other brands have pretty much done the same thing.
Wait, what?! Your a Castrol/Valvoline fanboy. Better wake up to fact that most conventional are now synthetic blends. Don’t hate on synthetics as they are in some ways better than conventionals

It’s not I swear. It’s proof it’s thinner been proven multiple times. I’ve poured it in cups next to each other to prove one is thinner than the other. Read online experts even say it’s thinner because it is.
Just keep some of your old bottles and fill them with the new stuff, change the oil. Problem solved.

You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want. Someone I know who works for the EPA said they were next to go. Just what she said no writing of it.
They are likely phasing out new vehicles coming with twist-on filters, not that they are going to ban all twist on filters from ever being sold to fit on older vehicles. I think there may have been some misunderstanding happening there on your part. If the government decided to ban all twist-on oil filters being sold, they would start a civil war. LOL

EPA has a right to ban them from being specced on new vehicles, IMO. The systems where the cartridge drains out of a drain plug when changing the filter is a cleaner system than trying to keep a sideways mounted twist-on from dripping all over, and there is just less waste involved by not needing the metal housing and other parts that are just tossed into the landfills.

They are likely phasing out new vehicles coming with twist-on filters, not that they are going to ban all twist on filters from ever being sold to fit on older vehicles. I think there may have been some misunderstanding happening there on your part. If the government decided to ban all twist-on oil filters being sold, they would start a civil war. LOL

EPA has a right to ban them from being specced on new vehicles, IMO. The systems where the cartridge drains out of a drain plug when changing the filter is a cleaner system than trying to keep a sideways mounted twist-on from dripping all over, and there is just less waste involved by not needing the metal housing and other parts that are just tossed into the landfills.
It could be. They have been phasing them out on new cars for years now less and less every year. But it really would not surprise me if they were trying to ban them period especially since they are trying to get rid of gas and oil now. I asked her why and she said because they feel that they cause too much oil to spill when coming off which is total bogus no more than a cartridge element would when being brought out if they don’t have the drain in the bottom. They said it has to do with other things too but we can’t mention those here.

It could be. They have been phasing them out on new cars for years now less and less every year. But it really would not surprise me if they were trying to ban them period especially since they are trying to get rid of gas and oil now. I asked her why and she said because they feel that they cause too much oil to spill when coming off which is total bogus no more than a cartridge element would when being brought out if they don’t have the drain in the bottom. They said it has to do with other things too but we can’t mention those here.
Without any inside info on this, I can 100% say with total assumption that this is not going to happen. They would in effect be banning all existing petrol vehicles on the road using twist-ons. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Well, maybe in California, but not elsewhere. LOL

Ban them on new cars? 100%
Ban them on existing cars? 0%

Without any inside info on this, I can 100% say with total assumption that this is not going to happen. They would in effect be banning all existing petrol vehicles on the road using twist-ons. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Well, maybe in California, but not elsewhere. LOL

Ban them on new cars? 100%
Ban them on existing cars? 0%
Yeah I mean like I said this is what she said to me. I can see them doing something about it. I don’t think she would make anything up I’ve known her my whole life and she is very pro DIY repair and stuff like that she voted against them doing it but said she was in the minority there. They said the main reason is people not disposing of them properly and them letting out too much oil that could get on the ground to make its way into steams.

The EPA doesn’t know one end from another. They make it sound like all that oil in the filter is going every which way but we know it goes into the same drain receptacle as the sump oil and it gets recycled.

Spin on filters will never be banned. That's just crazy talk. I mean how would that even be possible? Pretty much everything with an engine and pressurized lube has a spin on filter.
Yeah. Someone got bad info. There are plausible conspiracies out there, but the EPA banning all spin-on filters for all vehicles is about as crazy as it gets. Even if such a thing were to happen, they would have a timeline where things are phased out.

I get that a lot of folks get the same conspiracy craze when they think the government is going to ban all guns and ammo on a single day and hoard it all up, but for oil filters? No. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah. Someone got bad info. There are plausible conspiracies out there, but the EPA banning all spin-on filters for all vehicles is about as crazy as it gets. Even if such a thing were to happen, they would have a timeline where things are phased out.

I get that a lot of folks get the same conspiracy craze when they think the government is going to ban all guns and ammo on a single day and hoard it all up, but for oil filters? No. :ROFLMAO:
This bunch hoards oil and filters😀

Back