Pennzoil Outdoor 2 Cycle Oil - Use or Toss?

I got this 2006 dated bottle sealed for free, is this safe to use for summer outdoor power equipment? Or save it for my 2 stroke snowblowers?

I get confused as it is rated for outboards as well and is labled with all the TC TCw2 TCw3 on the back.

image_512e3396-4e01-4728-a191-7e0b75c98b2e_grande.jpg

Not only is that good to use (simply shake it up) but it is known to be one of the best 2 stroke oils ever made.

In the detailed Ultralight Aircraft engine test, that oil performed better than any of the other oils tested.

The piston on the left (Blue) is the Pennzoil.

pistons1.jpg

While you shouldn't use a TCW-III 2 stroke oil in a weed wacker, blower or chain saw, Toro has always recommended TCW-III 2 stroke oil in their snowblowers, they run a lot slower (governed to 3600 rpm) and cooler than wackers, blowers and saws. I've used it in my '98 Toro 3000 GTS 2 stroke blower for a quarter century! Look in any owner's manual for a 2 stroke Toro snow blower and you'll see it. Can you use the air cooled 2 stroke oil, yes but their point is that the TCW-III oil is ashless and results in less deposits.

While you shouldn't use a TCW-III 2 stroke oil in a weed wacker, blower or chain saw,

While that may be generally true, TCW3 really is fine at a 32 to 1 mixture. There won't be any problems with modern TCW3 oils when used in just about any engine at that ratio. Even 100-125cc racers use it with great results mixed correctly (lots of oil). This particular oil will be superb at 32 to 1, in OPE applications.

I don’t use boat oil in outdoor equipment personally. Look for JASO FD oil.
It is not boat oil, it is a multi purpose oil (including air cooled applications). This oil may not be as clean as a JASO FD, but it certainly do not lack lubricity in power equipments.

Back