Pennzoil Maximum Power 0W30

I just got a case of the Pennzoil Maximum Power 0W-30 and haven't been able to find out much about this oil. Has anyone tried it out yet or run a VOA?

Originally Posted by metroplex
I just got a case of the Pennzoil Maximum Power 0W-30 and haven't been able to find out much about this oil. Has anyone tried it out yet or run a VOA?

Just think how popular you'd be if you did the first VOA?

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'll be looking for it in October/Novermber 2020 at Auto Zone for $2/quart.

I don't get this product. Maximum power? You might save a little on F/E over a 5w at start up but it's still a sae30 hot, albeit a thin 30 it sounds like...so maybe that's where the "maximum power" is derived - a low HTHS 30 grade??? Of course Pennzoils gonna argue it doesn't thicken/degrade/promote sludge...but doesn't they're PP/PUP lineup already make such claims?

Sorry, unless I'm missing something this lube has marketing gimmick written all over it. I'm predicting, like you, this will go the way of VME for very similar reasons.

Last edited:

Twelve quarts?

What was the price?

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

I don't get this product. Maximum power? You might save a little on F/E over a 5w at start up but it's still a sae30 hot, albeit a thin 30 it sounds like...so maybe that's where the "maximum power" is derived - a low HTHS 30 grade??? Of course Pennzoils gonna argue it doesn't thicken/degrade/promote sludge...but doesn't they're PP/PUP lineup already make such claims?

Sorry, unless I'm missing something this lube has marketing gimmick written all over it. I'm predicting, like you, this will go the way of VME for very similar reasons.

I didn't get it either, and it appears to be a shelf space grabbing gimmick. But to be honest at $2/quart on a closeout I might just buy some. Especially if they're running a rebate at the time.
wink.gif

I didn't get it either, and it appears to be a shelf space grabbing gimmick. But to be honest at $2/quart on a closeout I might just buy some. Especially if they're running a rebate at the time.
wink.gif

For sure, if it sees $2qt you can count me in!..at worst it's a relabeled PP/PUP... nothing wrong with that.

wink.gif

For sure, if it sees $2qt you can count me in!..at worst it's a relabeled PP/PUP... nothing wrong with that.

thumbsup2.gif

'Maximum Power' suggests 'low HTHS' plus considering that KV100 and VI

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

I still feel PAO/ POE blend in the higher groups are the better synthetic by far and provide what we want from a synthetic.

01.gif
Very true

Originally Posted by pschnahc
'Maximum Power' suggests 'low HTHS' plus considering that KV100 and VI

Yeah, that was my thought. I haven't bothered to search what, if anything, the TDS/PDS says about HTHS as this lube doesn't interest me unless I can get it on the cheap.

Originally Posted by dkryan

Twelve quarts?

What was the price?

It was a 6 quart case. I got it for free but retail price looks to be $60 with a $10 rebate currently going on. Seems rather pricey.

I finally got to use this and noticed it is now discontinued and no longer on their website. FWIW I am using it in a Ford EcoBoost application (0W-30 synthetic).

Back