Pennzoil Long Life vs. Pennzoil long Life Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local Tractor Supply Co. has Pennzoil Long Life HDEO CI-4 PLUS (slow turnover, I guess) in stock. The local Rural King carries Pennzoil Long Life Gold (CJ-4). I'm thinking of using either one in our dad's farm equipment, which consists of diesel tractors and an old 1991 gas F-150. Which is the better choice? Is one better than the other?

I would welcome any thoughts, opinions, or experiences.

Thanks,

I'd just buy whichever is cheaper, assuming you're using ULSD. Should you still have on hand older diesel fuel stocks (with more sulfur), then the CI-4+ is the better bet.

Originally Posted By: marco246
I'd just buy whichever is cheaper, assuming you're using ULSD. Should you still have on hand older diesel fuel stocks (with more sulfur), then the CI-4+ is the better bet.

Perfect response (because I agree
LOL.gif
). In all seriousness, buy whichever one is readily available for you and truck on down the road.

Johnny could possilby tell us about the likely small subtle distinctions between the two. I suspect that the differences are much more marketing based than true performance differences.

But to be honest, if you're in Rural Kind and TSC that often, you should be shopping for the Delvac deals anyway. I frequent them both in IN as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with the Penn LL and LLG, but why pay those prices when the Delvac costs so much less? You can't beat that oil with the $3 rebate!

Most people change their oil sooner than necessary. That in mind, most any brand name fluid will suffice. So why not use the least expensive one? Shop for the bargins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back