Pennzoil is.. what??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today while picking out my next oil for my oil change, I was looking a Pennzoil platinum, the new stuff they have and a customer looked at me and said don't use Pennzoil, its all made from recycled motor oil. I am 99% that isn't true. Does anyone know? I hear PP is a fantastic oil so..

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
a customer looked at me and said don't use Pennzoil, its all made from recycled motor oil.

Human stupidity has no limits.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
He's confused with nextgen

Which is a completely different brand and producer/blender. Pennzoil is a SOPUS brand whereas Valvoline is Ashland.

I heard it was beef tallow and unicorn tears.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
So today while picking out my next oil for my oil change, I was looking a Pennzoil platinum, the new stuff they have and a customer looked at me and said don't use Pennzoil, its all made from recycled motor oil. I am 99% that isn't true. Does anyone know? I hear PP is a fantastic oil so..

That would be Valvoline NextGen. Pennzoil makes great oils, no doubt.

You should've told him that you heard it was made up of recycled paraffins. They actually take the wax out of waxed up engines, refine it back down, add more paraffins, and then set it back out to wax up more engines.

What's wrong with re-cycled oil?

Valvoline NexGen HM and dino are some very good oils. I've not heard or read of a single engine failure, oil related, with the consumer using 50% re-cycled oil from Valvoline.

In fact, since it's refined twice, most likely a lot of the base stock of the recycled oil is used synthetic oils.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I'm gonna guess you were at Wal-Mart?

While I'm no fan of Walmart, they have no exclusive claim to stupid customers. If you've read many threads here at BITOG, you know there have been many a similar story. And they happen at Autozone, and at O'Reilly, and CarQuest. And yes, even NAPA.

Seems that those back of the garage stories that start with "my uncle's co-worker's little brother, who is an ASE certified machanic, says . . .", have no particular preference for where they shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back