Pennzoil high mileage synthetic blend 5w30?

Haven’t seen this particular oil, but ended up with a 6 gallon eco box of it because I couldn’t pass up the deal. I think you folks can relate! Figured it can’t be that bad and we have 3 vehicles that should like it just fine. Anyone happen to see much about it? It seems the conventional pennzoil high mileage is good oil, and so is the synthetic. I imagine this is more like conventional? I normally use full synthetic in all our vehicles except the 69 Ford.

"Synthetic Blend" is the new conventional, to meet the SP/GF-6 requirements all 5W20 and 5W30 had to go to syn blend, although it's not much different than API SP "conventional" as conventional oil has been using highly hydroprocessed oils for years 5W20 and 5W30 were using lots of grp II+ oils in SN/GF-5 now they had to go to blending in some grp III to meet SP, but really it's not that much different than it was before.

I've found in years past that the Pennzoil conventionals (now blend) seemed a bit more of a premium product and seemed to be happy go a little longer than typical.

I've found in years past that the Pennzoil conventionals (now blend) seemed a bit more of a premium product and seemed to be happy go a little longer than typical.
I would still run blends at conventional intervals just because you have one package carrying the other in long (5k miles) only real way to tell is run a UOA on it. But the price of a UOA is two OCI so is it cost affective??

Back