Pennzoil Gold had quite a bit of sediment

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back I found two 5qt jugs of PZ Gold semi syn 5w30 on sale, just got around to putting a full jug in one of the cars and was surprised how much sediment was in it. Lots of black specs, didn't look like add pack detritus that had fallen out of suspension. Looked more like specs of dirt, but no way of knowing. I should have taken a pic, but didn't feel like going after the camera or phone.
I know this comes up once in a while, anyone noticing this lately? I did notice PZ doesn't foil seal the bottles, boooooo! I still have the other full jug, I'll be ready to take pics when I use it.

Last edited:
The current view here is that it is additive fallout. It would be interesting to find out if you could isolate some of those particles and try crushing them.

My thinking is that the oil was exposed to very cold conditions during storage or distribution and that caused the precipitation.

I always shake the bottle before using it. Once had a problem that someone came over to help--- he opened the bottle and handed it to me. When I shook it I had a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back