Pennzoil Factory circa late 70s - early 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil factory shot on 16mm film. Found it on YouTube. Looks like raw footage from a commercial shoot. It's not relevant to anything. But I just read 50 threads that weren't relevant to anything either, so I figured somebody might enjoy it.

Johnny is that you at 8:42 drawing a sample? That oil looks thick as heck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GguzKDh-TBY

Thanks for posting that
thumbsup2.gif

Fantasia for oil freaks.
LOL.gif

Some manufacturing engineer has to 'splain to me why the bottles have to go on the roller coaster. The first few minutes of the video show the bottles doing seemingly senseless mileage for some odd reason (a few "S" turns and various arch's only to pass by other bottles a few inches away)

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay

Johnny is that you at 8:42 drawing a sample? That oil looks thick as heck.

Nope that's "Kevin".

Quote:
Some manufacturing engineer has to 'splain to me why the bottles have to go on the roller coaster. The first few minutes of the video show the bottles doing seemingly senseless mileage for some odd reason (a few "S" turns and various arch's only to pass by other bottles a few inches away)

Probably a stacking point for faster/slower sections elsewhere on the bottling line.

Darn, almost went to sleep watching it. That was the old Pennzoil refinery and packaging plant in Shreveport, LA. To bad they did not take some video of the blow molding plant next door where the bottles were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back