Pennzoil Euro LX 0w30 vs Quaker State Euro LX 0W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are properties of Pennzoil Euro LX 0W30 vs Quaker State Euro Lx 0W30. Pennzoil at the top. Quaker State below. Enjoy.

Pennzoil 0w30 LX.PNG

Quaker State Euro LX 0W30.PNG

Why does Shell bother ... do they sell more oil having two ( or ten ... or more ) virtually identical products in different bottles ?

They have Pennzoil Platinum, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, and now Rotella Gas Truck.

I guess the answer to the first question is probably yes ...

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells

There is also a store brand Motomaster version of this same oil, probably the same thing again ...

Looks like it ...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by blufeb95
Has anyone actually seen the Euro Quaker State products on the shelf is it more for bulk distribution?

The are showing up. First was the Quaker Stare Euro 5w40.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by geeman789
Why does Shell bother ... do they sell more oil having two ( or ten ... or more ) virtually identical products in different bottles ?

They have Pennzoil Platinum, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, and now Rotella Gas Truck.

Private labeling of Shell Helix Ultra ect c2/c3 0w-30. Very good oil indeed.

Its good business practice. Some guys only use this brand, or they only use that brand. If you buy both brands then you can double your target market without developing any new product.
As always, its about money. We're talking about companies here, not charities. P&L is more important than your ability to make informed decisions about which product to consume.

If BITOGers got together to form a non-profitable charitable organisation which exists to blend and distribute oil whose performance is the very best it can be, in hundreds of different permutations of base stock/add pack/viscosity etc, then the consumer would have a lot more choice but the problem would become educatiing the consumer about why they should buy on spec instead of price.

A similar practice is how GM sell a car in Europe badged as a Vauxhall, they sell the exact same vehicel in Australia with a Holden badge and in NA they call it a Pontiac G8. Its cheaper to make one product and sell it under different badges than to produce bespoke products for each market.

That is why Shell bothers.

I haven't looked closely at RGT, but I know that PP and QSUD in 5W30 are not really very similar...off the top of my head, PP at 100C is near the lower end of the viscosity range for an XW30 while QSUD is more towards the middle of the range.
QSUD is also not advertised as a GTL product like PP is, but I suppose that doesn't mean it isn't GTL.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

I haven't looked closely at RGT, but I know that PP and QSUD in 5W30 are not really very similar...off the top of my head, PP at 100C is near the lower end of the viscosity range for an XW30 while QSUD is more towards the middle of the range.
QSUD is also not advertised as a GTL product like PP is, but I suppose that doesn't mean it isn't GTL.

the shu c2/c3 0w-30 is 90% GTL

maybe the QS will make it south of the border? Would be nice to have a local, low-priced 0W30 504/507 option.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
Has anyone actually seen the Euro Quaker State products on the shelf is it more for bulk distribution?

I've never seen it in stores. I go to Wally Mart every other week and I keep an eye out. Still nothing! I'll do a VOA on it when it does come around though.

Tis is the VOA of this oil I had done.

[Linked Image]

You'll note the lower than quoted values for VI and V100°, so I enquired with Shell, they sent me this, based on the batch number i supplied them:
[Linked Image]

Shell Brew this oil in at least 4 places (USA-Pennzoil-QS / Europe Netherlands? / Hong Kong - where Australia this oil from / Thailand) all to the same formula as required by VAG for 504/507.

Hope this helps
laugh.gif

Regards
Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back