Pennzoil Euro L 5W30 Synthetic In GDI Engine ?

Any down side to running the Pennzoil Euro L 5W30 synthetic oil in a late model Hyundai / Kia 2.4L (non turbo) GDI engine ? Engine protection should be good with HST 3.5 low / mid SAPS should decent and hopefully good cleaning and low intake valve deposits would be present as well ... Your thoughts ?

Are you having issues with the Vavoline AFS? Valvoline AFS 10W30 has a 3.2 HTHS if you want to remain in compliance with the powertrain-warranty.
The Euro oil should be fine as well.

Last edited:
Euro L is their DEXOS2 spec oil, generally specified for their light duty diesels (and high performance vehicles as it has a HTHS of >3.5.)
It's a mid ash oil (0.8% from memory,) so absolutely is suitable for use in a GDi engine.

If you want a slightly 'thinner' 30w oil that's still good for GDi. Look for anything that conforms to GM DEXOS1-GENII

Regards
Jordan

Are you having issues with the Vavoline AFS? Valvoline AFS 10W30 has a 3.2 HTHS if you want to remain in compliance with the powertrain-warranty.
The Euro oil should be fine as well.
No issues with the Valvoline AFS except the SA is about 1% which could be a concern for intake valve deposits . I was just curious about the Euro LL being suitable for a GDI application : Maintain engine cleanliness , engine protection , low wear , low deposits , etc. *Conversely , when my OCI's never exceed 5K miles (usually 4K mile OCI's) I may not see any benefit over a SP D1 / Gen 3 synthetic oil here in the USA.

No issues with the Valvoline AFS except the SA is about 1% which could be a concern for intake valve deposits . I was just curious about the Euro LL being suitable for a GDI application : Maintain engine cleanliness , engine protection , low wear , low deposits , etc. *Conversely , when my OCI's never exceed 5K miles (usually 4K mile OCI's) I may not see any benefit over a SP D1 / Gen 3 synthetic oil here in the USA.
Got it.

VALVOLINE Advanced Full Synthetic

1632331595026.png

Back