Pennzoil Euro 0w40 LegacyGT 3945mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post much here, but I thought I would throw out my UOA results for everyone to see. Nothing really out of the ordinary here, except that I'm (sadly) using this mint car for full-time Uber/Lyft in Chicago and surrounding areas. About 1000 miles a week is the average. The previous oil in 2015 was 5w30 Pennzoil Platinum with 70 mile round-trip highway daily commuting and other long hwy drives. Car is currently burning 1 qt every 2000 miles. It has the typical turbo Subaru upgrades, tuned to 280whp. Also, it's running E30 blend. Sorry for length. Wanted to be detailed as possible. Any questions, let me know.

41D861AB-E5CE-4201-A412-9014F9892C38.jpeg

Last edited:
Oil would have easily gone and two weeks without breaking a sweat.

A turbo Subaru upgrade tuned to 280whp and you are using it for a taxi? LOL

Last edited:
Awesome ride! I once owned an 07' WRX. It had a stage 2 Perrin tune with a Perrin catted downpipe. It did high 13's in the 1/4.
Your car was rare when new and even rarer now. I have a few posted UOA's on it. excellent UOA BTW.

Nice to hear it's mint! Usually those are pretty thrashed 14 years later like this. Fun to drive, excellent choice.

Maybe it has the sticky rings issue that many Toyota-Scions-Hondas-I-dunno-what-else engines have that are around 10 years old or more.
This ring cleaning full synthetic oil might help: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5232562/1 from ryderfleetproducts.com

Uber may drop that car in a few months for its age limit. Lyft appears to have a couple more years on that one.

Is it possible to re-flash it back to factory tune?
That might help the fuel dilution, seen with flash point and viscosity dropping a bit there, as a high performance tune richens the mixture for more power & charge cooling.
Fuel economy would go up too, great for more Uber-Lyft driving.
Running normal E10 gasoline instead of E30 would improve MPG for sure. Ethanol has lower energy density, and if back to factory tune, E10 can be the norm.

Good to stay with a thicker oil like that with fuel dilution going on. These engines typically have Rotella T6 5w40 or a Euro 0w40 in them. Walmart's Castrol Edge 0w40 would do it for me.

Pictures of that cool ride maybe? We might put it in the next Fast & Furious movie.

(Never mind the rude poster above with the stupid "LOL" comment, there are a few posters like that around here.)

Originally Posted by NP_350
Car is currently burning 1 qt every 2000 miles.

I usually switch to 10W-40 in the FXT during summer and that helps a bit with my burning (up to 2 quarts in 5k miles). I didn't have enough miles for an oil change this summer but I've even added 10W-40 to 0W-40 as make-up oil during winter.

What kind of tune are you running?

Thanks for sharing!

19.gif

Last edited:
This uoa was posted to add data and contribute to the board. I'll gladly take paypal donations and/or job offers instead of criticism of what the car is being used for. That info was only included because it was pertinent to how the car was used.

I forgot to include that this oil is still in use and will be changed at 6000 miles.

I've tried different oils and the burning is steady. The car runs great. So I'm not too worried. I'd gladly test that Cummins oil, but money is tight. Think I'm going to try Pennzoil Euro L next, since its something the car hasn't seen yet and it's easier to get, and less money than the Euro 0w40.

Uber is going to drop the car. So is Lyft. It's their loss, with the rolling rust buckets, and cars with mechanical safety hazards I've seen driving for them. Get loads of compliments though most of the time. People think the car is new. Then they are surprised to see a manual transmission. I get lots of tips, and Subaru fans are on cloud 9 when they see this car rolling up. I'm proud to not drive a cookie-cutter car. The open-source tune was done by me and I have no intention of changing it back, due to the known issues the factory tune has. Plus, 17psi is much more fun... E-30 is $2/gal, required 93 is $4.89/gal. I lose up to 2mpg with E-30. You do the math. I already have. Plus, no detonation. 184000 miles with no typical Subaru issues, I'm sticking with my methods. Sorry if this sounds rude. Thanks for the advice/comments!

Hope the UOA is useful to someone.

ECDBA5DD-0A33-4200-9F13-B00B928D85AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture!
I had no idea E30 was that cheap. And that Subaru had so many issues with the original engine maps. Now I see why you're sticking with all that.

Beautiful car!

If you get any uoa's in the future, I would definitely recommend going with Oil Analyzer's Inc. to get a better picture of the fuel. I've been running a Cobb Stage I OTS for about 70k miles. Just a little rich but no issues at all. I stopped doing uoa's and have basically stuck with Mobil1 0w-40 or Castrol xW-40 with a 5k mile OCI for the past 100k miles. And I still have all of my banjo bolt screens!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back