Pennzoil Blend, 5W30, 5k, Jeep Grand Cherokee V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is the 5k oil sample from my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 AWD with 60k on it.

I use 5 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum and 1 quart of Pennzoil Conventional -- both 5W30 -- and the OEM MO-744 filter. The oil was run between March and July. Also, for this interval I forgot to add the 4oz of Tufoil I normally use.

The vehicle sees a lot of idling with the air conditioner on, otherwise, normal kinds of stop and go metropolitan traffic.

Overall, looks like the Pentastar is wearing well and Pennzoil is working nicely.

Good report - I'd just follow the OLM and skip the Tufoil. These engines appear to be easy on oil. 6 quart sump doesn't hurt.

Thanks all, agreed, good report.

As for Tufoil, I realize OTC additives are frowned upon, especially on BITOG; however, after running a Camry to just over 350,000 miles (rust finally took her), our Lexus at 220,000 miles and others in excess of 125,000 miles (new car bug or totaled multiple vehicles), I like the product. Does it do any good? Not sure, but it certainly doesn't do any harm less a few dollars from my wallet, which I am okay with. As always, YMMV.

Speaking of the Lexus, I have a UOA coming in about a month that features a mix of Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage/Pennzoil Conventional High Mileage and 4 oz of Tufoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back