Pennzoil Announcement - More Oil

I don't see it being a long term thing. SOPUS won't have the long term committment to such products.

There's a limited market share here. If they can't convince the consumer that they have a superior product (at a competetive price), it won't work.
Agreed. Several years ago, they introduced several products that were catered towards several niche markets and I have yet to see a bottle on a shelf:

Agreed. Several years ago, they introduced several products that were catered towards several niche markets and I have yet to see a bottle on a shelf:

They've gotten too complicated IMO
Mobil 1 was guilty of that too
It used to be PYB - PP - PU
And they were **** fine oils

Shell Gas/Truck... whatever it was called.

Very niche market for distributors. Already a difficult market to get into with the OEM brands being out there. Then you have Lucas / Amsoil / Redline / Etc. On top of that.

Only reason why I can see SOPUS doing this is if they picked up blending the OEM oil for someone.

like anything, if it sells it will stay! specialty oils including full REAL synthetics can be a good thing for sure BUT big oil likes BIG profits so time will tell. i generally use whatever i have for my fronty a 10-30 synthetic + my honda HRX gets Redline as its only 20 oz + no filter dumped at moing seasons end before blowing season in Pa

Crazily enough I have some of the Extended Care in the garage. Will be using it in the Giulia next OCI.

Amazon had the Maximum Power, got 6 quarts free after rebate.

Back