pennzoil 5w20 conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a 2015 Ram 1500 with the 3.6L v6. Manual recommends Pennzoil conventional. Since I am old school and change oil every 4k, will this work as good as a synthetic?

Use it with no worries. The line between dino & syn is so fine, that it's almost a joke. Not to mention Pennzoil is darn good dino oil indeed.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
It sure would. Using anything better for 4k miles would be wasteful and dumb.
Define better?

I have the same powertrain in my truck. I've been using the Pennzoil Synthetics but only because they are cheaper than PYB once you account for the promotion. You would be safe running PYB out to the OLM.

PYB conventional will protect well enough for 4,000 miles ... Of course PPP synthetic will protect better , longer at temp extremes and provide better cleaning ability where as with PYB conventional you might get some light varnish after a number of miles (light varnish won't hurt anything) . I dare say the few times I ran PYB conventional my engine sounded better than it did running any synthetic oil . PYB conventional is fine for 4,000 miles / 4 months where as I run PPP synthetic out to 6,000 miles / 6 months before changing .

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
I drive a 2015 Ram 1500 with the 3.6L v6. Manual recommends Pennzoil conventional. Since I am old school and change oil every 4k, will this work as good as a synthetic?

This is what im running in my jeep. Same engine. 4K mile oil changes also because thats the severe service interval in the manual.

Off topic: 4 door RAM? What MPG do you achieve with your 3.6 and how do you like that mill overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back