Pennzoil 5W-30, 2,779 miles (3months) 07 Altima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. This is my yearly UOA. I only live 4.2 miles from work. All city driving. I usually put less then 1,000 miles in 3 months. I took a 1,400 mile road trip in this OCI. I been also driving anywhere from 50-90 mile highway trip weekly to go hiking. So this helped me in the fuel dilution issue. The last UOA was Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30. I got it for $3.00 a quart on sale. The last 4 OCI's have been Pennzoil 5W-30. I have enough $2.00 a quart Pennzoil for another 4 OCI's. That would put me at the end of my warranty period.

07 Nisan Altima
Engine : QR25DE
Miles on oil : 2,779
Miles on engine : 14,122
Filter : Napa Gold 1356

June26thOCI.jpg

Boron has replaced moly as the main anti-wear additive in YB now. I 'think' Boron also has some deterget/dispersant properties, so it's also part of YB's new '15% sludge reduction' claim........

What you can see in UOA/VOA doesn't necessarily mean anything. Here I point to Valvoline Synpower. It's UOA and VOA shows the typical add pack isn't very inspiring, with fairly low amounts of... Well, everything. Yet it still gets some of the best UOAs out there. These cannot tell everythign the oil is about, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent UOA on that product. It sheared alot, I am no expert. The 2.5 seems alittle harsh on motor oil maybe?

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Excellent UOA on that product. It sheared alot, I am no expert. The 2.5 seems alittle harsh on motor oil maybe?

The 2.5 tends to give Nissan technicians exceptional job security-- due to a large number of them grenading and eating head gaskets.
wink.gif
Well at least the older ones did, only time will tell on the newer ones.

The 2.5 doesn't seem to deplete oil more rapidly than any other engines. In fact, it seems to be easier on oil than a lot of engines, based on the 10k PP 5w-30 UOA posted on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back