Pennzoil 10w30 vs Motorcraft 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of some kind of marketing contract with Ford, they can only sell it as Motorcraft oil since Conoco got the contract for Ford factory fill, so I have read.

quote:

Originally posted by Mamala Bay:
It's just might be the MC synthetic blend is a better overall oil than Delo400. Will wait when the 10w-30 and 15w-40 becomes synthetic blend...that is awesome...

That may have already happened. As I mentioned in another post, all the red Motorcraft oils on the shelf at Wally World (with the exception of the 15w-40 HD oil) state they are "premium hydrocracked" oils. The same wording as the 5w-20 synth blend has used without actually saying "synthetic blend" on the front label like the 5w-20 does.

dunno.gif
It may not be but with the announcement on the Conoco website it does have some credibility.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

Conoco 10w-30
Phosphorus 2217
Zinc 1893
Magnesium 467
Calcium 4517

Wouldn't this not meet SL spec with that level of Phosphorus? Or is this an older spec?

-T

Here's a VOA of Motorcraft 10w30 posted by motorbike:

Moly 42
Magnesium 18
Calcium 2077
Phos 921
Zinc 1285
Vi 11.11
TBN 6.50

Why didn't you list this one since it was what the topic was about?

-T

quote:

Originally posted by dropitby:
Shiner: I think they have Costco in your state and the ones here sell Chevron Supream (my favorite dino)by the case for $11.99
shocked.gif

Nope....no Costco here. All we have like that is Sam's. I was there this weekend and was looking at their oil. They have Pennzoil, QS, Trop Artic, Havoline, Castrol GTX, and Mystic. Was going to pick up some Havoline after the recommendations here but they were out of the 10w-30. Asked a guy there when they might have some and of course he had no idea.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Sams has the hard to locate Trop Artic Turbo 10w-30
cool.gif

Johnson Oil in El Reno also has a supply of it and the hard to find Motorcraft HD 10w-30 .

If you locate 5w-30 Ford Motorcraft batch number C670C04C012 with the ISLAC GF-3 on the label you will still get the larger zinc/phos before API SM hits .

Personally I would pick Mobil Drive Clean 5w-30 Syn Blend or even better the Saab Turbo 5w-30 Syn Blend @ 2.30 a liter .

But 5 quart Pennzoil jugs are 5.47 at Walmart now. Never seen a motor go south with that oil .

So many oils , so few cars to try them in
tongue.gif

How does the Trop Artic stack up? Never seen a VOA or UOA on the 10w-30

Bought some not long ago for the Wife's daily driver....it's one of those throw any oil at it kinda cars....only driving it until she finishes her masters degree next spring. So....if the Trop Artic looks like a good thing I would consider it in my Durango.......anyone have some info on it? I can find it just about anywhere here.

quote:

Originally posted by shinerburke:

How does the Trop Artic stack up? Never seen a VOA or UOA on the 10w-30

Bought some not long ago for the Wife's daily driver....it's one of those throw any oil at it kinda cars....only driving it until she finishes her masters degree next spring. So....if the Trop Artic looks like a good thing I would consider it in my Durango.......anyone have some info on it? I can find it just about anywhere here. [/QB]

Search Phillips in the topic over in the VOA section . " New Oil "

The Turbo oil is different than the other Trop Artics . It used moly at the time when the others did not and had a TBN of 13 and is only offered in the 10w-30wt.

I suspect the new Trop Artics all use moly now . The 5w-30 is group II so it say's on the new labels so for 3k or so drains it's every bit as good as the Turbo oil

Sams has the hard to locate Trop Artic Turbo 10w-30
cool.gif

Johnson Oil in El Reno also has a supply of it and the hard to find Motorcraft HD 10w-30 .

If you locate 5w-30 Ford Motorcraft batch number C670C04C012 with the ISLAC GF-3 on the label you will still get the larger zinc/phos before API SM hits .

Personally I would pick Mobil Drive Clean 5w-30 Syn Blend or even better the Saab Turbo 5w-30 Syn Blend @ 2.30 a liter .

But 5 quart Pennzoil jugs are 5.47 at Walmart now. Never seen a motor go south with that oil .

So many oils , so few cars to try them in
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back