Pennz Plat 5w30 4854 miles 2008 G35x

Status
Not open for further replies.
dad052811.jpg

This oil change was done at jiffy lube. Insols impress me considering the tiny filter. Refilled w Mobil 1 extended performance 5w30 and a wix oil filter.

I agree but what's with the low additive levels these days with the Pennzoil synthetics? Moly is low and boron is nearly nonexistent. Yet the results are great. I've been using SOPUS oils for awhile and am happy with their performance but have to say that the add packs (at least for this type of analysis)have been significantly reduced (including the Ultra). Did I see someone mention that some of this happened because of the new SN standard?...is this SN? (is SN PP available yet?). I just changed out the Honda with Quaker State Ultimate Durability (SN...we'll see how THAT looks after 5,000 miles or so).

That's some low insolubles (and wear in general) How is this car driven? Besides the low viscosity, everything looks great!

Metallic additives are only part of the formula for oils, there is a lot we don't see with a UOA. Also if you use additives that have increased effectiveness with smaller amounts, it allows for more of the composition of the oil to be actual lubricating oil.

One thing is for sure though, PP consistently produces very low wear numbers. And this UOA is no exception. But I was a little sad to see it shear out of grade
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Artem
That's some low insolubles (and wear in general) How is this car driven? Besides the low viscosity, everything looks great!

its driven about 60 miles a day on the commute to/from work. 35-55 mph mostly probably. Most of the commute is back roads. Some highway 70-80 mph.

Originally Posted By: oilmaven
(is SN PP available yet?).

Yes. Bought some in March, although the WM 5qt jugs I bought yesterday are SM.

Last edited:
One of the best wear metal UOAs I have ever seen on a G37 was with PP. Now this excellent G35 report on PP. I think we have a match made in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back