Penn. Platinum 5W-30,2013 Equinox 3.6L DI V6 6.1 K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle now at 50,000.
This is the 'older' formulation of PP. (not made from Natural Gas).

OLM was at 1% left.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 77GrandPrix
Just curious as to why you don't run VWB in this engine since you get such good results with it in your Traverse?

The 2010 Traverse 3.6, can use regular oil.

The 2013 Equinox 3.6, calls for DEXOS compliant oil.

VWB does not have the DEXOS logo on their bottle.
PP does.

While under warranty- Ill be using PP and pretty much after warranty.
Ive stocked up on PP 5 qt jugs when on sale and mail rebates- $12/jug.
so no need to buy anything other than PP for the Nox.

Ill continue to use VWB- in the Traverse... ($14.xx per jug)... simply because its all Ive used in this vehicle..
and no sense in changing what is working.

grin.gif

Last edited:
I'm about to do a third run of PP 5W30 on my wife's 2011 Enclave with the 3.6 DI at 89,000 miles. Ordinarily the OLM gets down to 5% or so anywhere between 4800 and 6000 miles with any other oil. The first run of PP I got around 6200 and the OLM was at 1%. Currently the OLM is at 22% with 6300 miles. If the OLM decline is fairly linear I should get close to 8000 miles this time though I'll probably change it at 6500. I plan to do a UOA since I've run through 2 cycles of the same oil. The big thing with this second run of PP is that I've only added about 3/4 of a quart of make up oil where I normally go through about 2 quarts over an OCI. I had planned on possibly switching to PPHM on this next run but with the consumption so much better I'll stick with the regular PP.

My current stash of PP- is all the new stuff.
It will probably be 4 oil changes before I get a new UOA. close to 75,000 on the engine.
but ill definitely post

Hi guys, not to thread jack, but how do you post UOA like this in an image format? Do you guys use an editor?

I bring up the document and use the snipping tool in windows to capture the image that I want- in this case only the image shown above)
save it.

then use paintbrush to erase personal info.
then save it.

then upload it to photobucket.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back