Peak Toyota RED concentrate vs Toyota dealer RED

I always buy the concentrate and mix it because it's cheaper. I know that both are supposed to be P-OAT formulas...but are they essentially the same for 100,000 or so miles?

Toyota Red is a 2yr/24k-30k coolant
Peak claims 5yr/150k coolant

On Toyota's, only the factory fill is good for 10y/100k. After that, its 5y/50k.

Both are time or mileage whichever comes 1st.

If using concentrate, make or buy distilled water.

Replacement intervals aside...would this Peak® brand perform just as well as OEM in daily use?

Is there a Toyota red and pink. The wife’s Rav4 2017 came with pink. I have not seen Toyota pink in concentrate only 50/50. Is it available in concentrate?

Replacement intervals aside...would this Peak® brand perform just as well as OEM in daily use?
Yes. Toyota Red is the older shorter service interval P Hoat AF. Peak OEM Red basically equivalent to longer service interval Toyota Pink SLL. Toyota says Pink SLL compatible with Red, but to get the longer SLL service interval, a total exchange/flush needed. Not concerned about interval, just do a radiator d&f with Peak OEM Asian OEM AF.

Toyota doesn't assume anything. Can't do a proper, whatever that means, flush because Toyota Pink is 50:50 only. Can flush it with 50:50 in place of water. But, I get all of it out with the radiator/block drains so no flushing is needed.
Toyota isn't the only automaker that cuts future intervals in half. Its called marketing. Lowering the cost of ownership with less maintenance in the beginning and not caring about what happens after the warranty expires.... trust your automaker foolishly!

My other car recommends normal maintenance for 100k miles, and then future maintenance after 100k recommends to follow the severe service interval.

Can't do a proper, whatever that means, flush because Toyota Pink is 50:50 only.
That's why I use
81SCkk8381L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and do half a dozen drain and refills with distilled water.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Ended up using the Peak® Toyota concentrate 50:50 with distilled water. for the new radiator replacement. Also added two of the Bar's Leaks® tablets for added protection against pinhole cracks.

Is it true that many auto manufacturers add those stop leak tabs from the factory to extend the initial coolant service interval?

Is it true that many auto manufacturers add those stop leak tabs from the factory to extend the initial coolant service interval?
Toyota does not, neither does Honda nor Volkswagen. Only those manufacturers that have a systemic problem with the cooling system that cannot be corrected any other way. I would not use them on a properly functioning system in good condition. I can say that I’ve never used them on any of my high miles vehicles including my old Sienna.

Toyota does not, neither does Honda nor Volkswagen. Only those manufacturers that have a systemic problem with the cooling system that cannot be corrected any other way. I would not use them on a properly functioning system in good condition. I can say that I’ve never used them on any of my high miles vehicles including my old Sienna.
You spelled general motors wrong

That's great that you never had to use them on your Sienna. Maybe you also have a 1MZ-FE. a couple of years ago, on my timing belt change, I tried to drain the rear side of the block of remaining coolant. The bolt was seized and I ended up twisting off the head that resulted in a tiny drip leak. I have no intention of tampering with the broken bolt at my mileage, so I use either the Subaru Coolant conditioner, or the Bars leak tablets. The timy leak is no more. I am using them for coolant pH balancing effect too.
Since the circulating particles are pliable and organic, there's less chance of them clogging the radiator or heater core.

Yes my old Sienna has a 1MZ-FE. But nevertheless your question was about whether "many auto manufacturers" add the tablets to new production engines and the answer is that they do not. Only those that have issues that for whatever reason are unfixable.

And pH balancing is not a real thing. There are pH buffers in coolant and unless those are exhausted you aren't going to materially affect the "pH balance" of the mixture. This is marketing gobbledygook.

I can say that I’ve never used them on any of my high miles vehicles including my old Sienna.

I know what my question was, but I was explaining my rationale for using them in my particular situation, in contrast to yours.

Back