PEAK Synthetic is now in the "1yr / 10,000 miles, which ever comes first" business.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Just an observation, not a question. I looked up the pds because i recently found Peak syn for $3.29/qt at my local Publix grocers.

With so much apprehension due to fuel dilution etc. attributed to GDI/T-GDI technology, i find it curious that more and more oil suppliers are recommending these extended intervals (for me, extended means past 7500).

1621534300566.png

The local Dollar General stores here carried Peak full syn. for a short time a couple years ago. Have not seen it around here since. There is a Publix near me, which I rarely go to. Next time I'm in there will look and see if they have it on shelf. $3.29/qt. is not a bad price at all for full syn. , and beats dealing with the Walmart crowd to buy the Supertech full syn. at close to the same per qt. price.

The local Dollar General stores here carried Peak full syn. for a short time a couple years ago. Have not seen it around here since. There is a Publix near me, which I rarely go to. Next time I'm in there will look and see if they have it on shelf. $3.29/qt. is not a bad price at all for full syn. , and beats dealing with the Walmart crowd to buy the Supertech full syn. at close to the same per qt. price.
They alternate the Sale Price. Right now it's the 5/10W-30. The 5W-20 is still $5.29/qt.

most vehicles aren’t dumping copious amounts of fuel into the sump. even bottom of the barrel group 2 only oils are generally capable of 7500+ intervals.

their suggested intervals are not a replacement for the factory interval or the OLM

most vehicles aren’t dumping copious amounts of fuel into the sump. even bottom of the barrel group 2 only oils are generally capable of 7500+ intervals.

their suggested intervals are not a replacement for the factory interval or the OLM
That is understood, as with all these types of suggestions.

"With so much apprehension due to fuel dilution etc. attributed to GDI/T-GDI technology,"

- Hmm...Are you sure about that?
I guess i need to separate Forum anxiety from industry norms. Fuel dilution is really only a gaslit topic on these boards.

I agree but my Amalie made CQ Syn HM and Syn for 70-90 cents a quart was a STEAL also. I still have some Peak Syn in the stash of 5w20 and 5w30 also

I got some Peak Syn Blend 15w-40 HDEO a few years ago for $1.75/gallon because it was not selling at Advance. no idea who makes it, but is a good oil for my motorcycle needs.

As for the 1yr/10,000 mile claim, just a marketing ploy for those that have vehicle that also have a 1 yr, 10,000 mile interval. And the key words are "up to", and "follow your vehicles OEM recommended OCI if under warranty".

I forgot to mention that in paragraph#1: Description, they take a page out of Castrol GTX Magnatec's book.

1621620544713.jpg

Back