Peak or Prestone for 96 4Runner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Loopie
How about those regular coolants?
I can only tell you about my experience with Prestone All M/M EL. Have used it in an 01 Tacoma V6 and 03 Nissan with no issues to this point, after a total distilled water flush.

IMO, with a reasonable 30K 3yr interval Prestone AM/M is fine. All I can say is, it has worked well for me. It's reasonably priced and easy to find.

Not sure if your 96 recommends distilled water, but it's inexpensive insurance.

Best way to go is with full strength Prestone, with distilled water to 50/50 mix after finding your 4Runners coolant capacity. JMO

J

That's what I did with my civic and previous Accord without any issues. I think it would be fine with the 4runner if its working with your Tacoma.

Thanks

Hi guys. I'm planning to flush my 4Runner's coolant, will Peak or Prestone good enough?

Thanks

These 4Runners were gems when it comes to reliability. My friend has that gen 4Runner with 280K on original engine & transmission (even original shocks).

Don't ruin your vehicle with OTC coolants. Suck up and get OEM coolant. Rememeber to do a complete flush to remove all gunk in the radiator and block.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy

Don't ruin your vehicle with OTC coolants. Suck up and get OEM coolant.

Personally, I would just buy the CORRECT OTC coolant. Or use G-05. There's really no need to ever pay dealer prices for ANY expendable like oil or coolant. Frequently the aftermarket products are substantially better in addition to being cheaper.

Thanks MG for the info, I'll just get it from my local Yota dealer.

FYI - After tax, I paid just over $30 for a gal of the super long life. You can find it online for a little bit less here:http://www.speedycarparts.com/sku/Toyota_Van_OES-Genuine_Coolant/Antifreeze_1984_1986_W0133-1626273.html?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=00007000500108784_8600014485

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy

Don't ruin your vehicle with OTC coolants. Suck up and get OEM coolant. Rememeber to do a complete flush to remove all gunk in the radiator and block.

Im going to have to agree here. I HATED paying $30 for coolant but after extensive research, I think it is best to stick with it. I do a drain and refill once per year to keep things in tiptop shape. Probably overkill, but I dont mind.

In the grand scheme of things, it is relatively inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back