Peak high mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone run Peak high mileage ??

I am giving it a try... One reason is I can get it at Dollar general for a decent price at times... Second reason is DG is a lot less walking for me vs going to Wally World or Target... I don't mind going to WW every so often.. went last pm has a matter of fact. The other week I got the lady's Camry Motorcraft 5w30 at Wally World in Mechanicsville. But sometimes it is nice not having to walk a long way to get something. I go by DG because they actually have good prices on shampoo, soap and laundry pods.

I know Peak is made/blended by Warren Distribution... Which means it is a solid oil.
I know it has been discontinued in AAP and I think Pep Boys... Only places that sells it is DG and Big Lots. Just curious if anyone on here as used it at all?

I've bought Peak for sale at good prices (better than anything at Walmart or Advance Auto at the time) at a chain hardware store. That might've been around 7-8 years ago.

Well I don't buy hardly anything online. I like to purchase everything in person. The days I don't feel like walking a lot have to do with my illness. On good days I can do pretty much anything I want. But the not so good days I have to be careful.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Not the high-mileage, but it is Peak.. in this case, their Synthetic 5w20.

Peak Syn 5w20 UOA

Thank you for this
smile.gif

Looks like it did quite well in your Fusion. Warren Distribution does make good stuff. And I bet there is a decent chance the additive package is the same in the high mileage oil...

Originally Posted by bbhero
Anyone run Peak high mileage ??

I am giving it a try... One reason is I can get it at Dollar general for a decent price at times... Second reason is DG is a lot less walking for me vs going to Wally World or Target... I don't mind going to WW every so often.. went last pm has a matter of fact. The other week I got the lady's Camry Motorcraft 5w30 at Wally World in Mechanicsville. But sometimes it is nice not having to walk a long way to get something. I go by DG because they actually have good prices on shampoo, soap and laundry pods.

I know Peak is made/blended by Warren Distribution... Which means it is a solid oil.
I know it has been discontinued in AAP and I think Pep Boys... Only places that sells it is DG and Big Lots. Just curious if anyone on here as used it at all?

Kmart sales it. I bet it's as good as any

PEAK Oil is perfectly fine to use. I've used PEAK Full Synthetic 5W30 in my wife's new 2018 Chevy Trax since day 1 and it's performed great.... Found it on clearance at DG, so I bought 2 OCI's worth ) We even went on a 3,500 mile round trip ( driving through 117 degree desert heat in Arizona ) and upon returning, the oil still looked great. I changed it at the 5,000 mile mark.... So far, I have Used PEAK Full SYN in the Trax for 2 OCI's ... Probably changing her oil to STP Full SYN ( what I use in my own 2017 Jeep Patriot ) for the next oil change since DG is out of their PEAK SYN and are no longer carrying it here in Austin...

Well the Peak high mileage 5w30 is in the Grey Goose... I did mix 1 qt of full synthetic Peak Dexos approved gen 2 oil has well... Might need that given how cold it will be coming up Wednesday night and Thursday night..
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back