pdf to jpeg?

Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by atikovi
I take a screenshot of something on my monitor with my camera

Why not just take a proper screenshot then, with the PrintScreen key?

Then you're limited to a screen's very low resolution which would only be suitable for limited on-screen viewing.

How do you know what resolution his monitor screen is?

It'd still be better than taking a picture of said monitor (regardless what its resolution is) with a camera, IMO.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Nothing happens when I do that.

You have to paste it into paint or some other editing program.

I always assumed the Print Screen button meant just what it says. If I have to get an editing program and paste it into that, what's the point of the button? I can just as well highlight, copy and paste into Word and print that. Or take a photo as mentioned which I've done on dealer parts websites that don't let you print out a webpage like it appears on the screen.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Ironically, it's been supported natively in Windows for a couple versions, hasn't it ?

Not to my knowledge.
I got mixed up between printing "to PDF" with converting to JPEG. Windows 10 does support 'print to PDF' natively and before that, I've always installed a 3rd-party PDF print driver.

I always assumed the Print Screen button meant just what it says. If I have to get an editing program and paste it into that, what's the point of the button?

Think of it as a 'copy' button. You make a copy of the entire screen exactly as it appears on the screen, and then you paste it into either any image editing program or into a Word document, or anywhere. The quality will be much better than what you're going to get by taking a photo of your monitor.

I take a screenshot of something on my monitor with my camera

Why not just take a proper screenshot then, with the PrintScreen key?

Then you're limited to a screen's very low resolution which would only be suitable for limited on-screen viewing.

How do you know what resolution his monitor screen is?

It'd still be better than taking a picture of said monitor (regardless what its resolution is) with a camera, IMO.

I know his monitor resolution is WAY lower than any acceptable print standard; and way lower than would be useful should someone have to zoom in or magnify the content. A PDF file, however, contains a lot of resolution-independent elements (vector graphics, text) that can be exported at any resolution a user specifies. In the case of text that may need to be zoomed-in upon, that is golden.
And certainly, a screen shot would be far, far superior to taking a photo of the screen!!!

And certainly, a screen shot would be far, far superior to taking a photo of the screen!!!

That is all I was saying.
smile.gif

This site is certainly interesting when it comes to vehicle-related topics but some "advice" related to using computers is humorous !

I always assumed the Print Screen button meant just what it says. If I have to get an editing program and paste it into that, what's the point of the button? I can just as well highlight, copy and paste into Word and print that. Or take a photo as mentioned which I've done on dealer parts websites that don't let you print out a webpage like it appears on the screen.

Then just use the snipping tool
21.gif

If you are looking to convert a PDF file to JPG, I will recommend you the website that I am personally using, https://jpg2pdfconverter.com/pdf-jpg.It's a free website, so I don't think you will have any problems with it. However, if you need to edit your file or add something extra to it, you won't be able to do that on this website. But still, there are more similar websites on the internet, so I am sure you will be able to find one that will suit you. Anyway, I hope that my message will be helpful for you.

It’s still very readable
Absolutely; but not suitable for print or enlargement: You'd be limited to the pixel dimensions of the image's display on screen, at ~96dpi or slightly denser, dependent on the monitor. A screenshot would probably be best, then, if you were going to email or text the image electronically for electronic device viewing.

I like old topics keep coming back to life. Even when it hasn't been long enough to change the answers/methods already given to solve the problem. :)

Absolutely; but not suitable for print or enlargement: You'd be limited to the pixel dimensions of the image's display on screen, at ~96dpi or slightly denser, dependent on the monitor. A screenshot would probably be best, then, if you were going to email or text the image electronically for electronic device viewing.
right but if your purpose is to post it on bitog. a screenshot is ideal and easy.
because presumably the screenshot will be of a legible correctly zoomed readable whatever you are posting.

Not saying to use the snipping tool then blow it up for an 8x10 at walgreens.. (lol)

Back