PDF scans on Photobucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to put some scans of my Birth certificate in a post. I was thinking of using Photobucket.

They don't show up when I try to get the files. What is the best way to do this? Do I have to sign up for something at Adobe.com that is free or Gosh forbid cost $$$$?

What I've done in the past is...

1). Print the pdf page(s).
2). Scan the printed pages and save as a .jpg file.
3). Upload the .jpg file to Photobucket.
4). Send to the URL of your choice.

Just use the snapshot tool in your Acrobat reader to select & copy the image to your computers memory, then go into a program like paint and paste it. Then save this as a JPG and upload to photo-bucket.

This is how I get my Blackstone UOA's up on this site...

grin2.gif

In Windows XP:

Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

You can past the pdf into there and save it as a bitmap image.

Then use imageshack to host.

I've never used photobucket.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I am trying to put some scans of my Birth certificate in a post. I was thinking of using Photobucket.

They don't show up when I try to get the files. What is the best way to do this? Do I have to sign up for something at Adobe.com that is free or Gosh forbid cost $$$$?

Scan the certificate at reasonable high dpi (300 dpi would be ok). Save the scan as a JPG (or Tiff). Use any photo editing software to remove or to obscure (select and pixelate) sensitive data. Also scale the image to something suitable for posting, for example 7 inches wide at 96 dpi. Then upload the JPG file on a free photo hosting Web site like photobucket.

If you need help, let me know. If you trust me (*gasp*), you may email me the scan and I'll edit, size and host it for you. If you want to do that, send me a PM so that I can give you my email address.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: oilboy123

Scan the certificate at reasonable high dpi (300 dpi would be ok). Save the scan as a JPG (or Tiff). Use any photo editing software to remove or to obscure (select and pixelate) sensitive data. Also scale the image to something suitable for posting, for example 7 inches wide at 96 dpi. Then upload the JPG file on a free photo hosting Web site like photobucket.

If you need help, let me know. If you trust me (*gasp*), you may email me the scan and I'll edit, size and host it for you. If you want to do that, send me a PM so that I can give you my email address.

Thanks for the responses and offer to host. I have the files saved as PDFs. But when I try to use Photobucket to upload the files they don't show up in the folder? I have no problem with uploading pictures to photobucket and editing them?

I have Adobe reader 9

I would like to learn to do it myself.........

Photobucket doesn't allow you to upload PDF files (It's not pdfbucket.com!
grin2.gif
). PDF files are not supported. If you rent Web space, you can upload a PDF file there and people can download it.

Scan again, but save the file as a JPG image file this time. I am 100% certain your scanner gives you that option. If you save as the image as bmp (But why would you?), photobucket will covert the file automatically into a JPG file (I believe) once you upload it.

I will readily admit I am a dummy on this kind of stuff.

I am trying to archive this stuff as well. Would it be of value to save the documents as JPEG and PDF?

Thanks Moribundman I will give the JPEG a shot for getting it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back