PayPal Dispute Attempt

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Had a guy in NZ file a dispute with me today-lol
I never even got the opportunity to address it as PayPal slapped him first.
I got the email and then an instant PP found in my favor-lol

The buyer accused me of changing the exchange rate to suit my pocketbook. Seriously...
All of this drama over $1.. yeah one dollar

zipper nz.JPG

Wow. Yeah good luck.

I try to avoid Paypal international. One guy last week in Cali paid OK, no problem, and I got my full funds, but someone before had paid HIM in AUS bux. So when he paid me, I SEE the AUS $ being converted. I'm thinking they are gonna charge my arse the exchange fee. WTH?? But they didn't. Just seemed odd that I saw that.

Wow. Yeah good luck.

I try to avoid Paypal international. One guy last week in Cali paid OK, no problem, and I got my full funds, but someone before had paid HIM in AUS bux. So when he paid me, I SEE the AUS $ being converted. I'm thinking they are gonna charge my arse the exchange fee. WTH?? But they didn't. Just seemed odd that I saw that.

I ultimately got my PayPay account shut down/deleted (probably permanently blacklisted) shortly after my sale of an iPad 2 to someone overseas. It was either Europe or New Zealand. I forget.

Somehow, they wanted to treat my (I had PayPal for 7 or 8 years. Maybe 11) PayPal account as a Business account. I was "retronrex" as an EBay seller and on PayPal I was able to receive payments for items sold. I had at least 277 transactions, had some color star, and was doing well.

They asked me for many many documents.. and, eventually, just deleted my whole account and same with retronrex. Remember that EBay bought PayPal or I may have that reversed, I don't know.

I had a similar thing with some kind of overseas (UK again) financial scam where I eventually got $400 refunded. Took awhile but.. just, never again.

For over $1 doesn't surprise me.. sometimes, if you use the site that will sell you a fake Rolex for a little more than $200, your card may act funny or ask you to approve the transaction when it goes through the currency exchange rate.

I'm pretty much done with PayPal for anything.

@Pablo But I wasn't a business, I just used them a lot.. something about that particular transaction made them turn on me. They had like 5 categories of things they asked me for, again, as if I was a business.. I was able to provide "One or two" but ultimately they just shut down my account.

Something about that particular international sale made them change towards me, idk what happened. I still have old letters with my actual PayPal account number somehow (Delaware or Maryland business address they have, I think) but.. it's some kind of one of two Blacklist they have. One is supposedly a "soft" one where you can use them again.. the other one, it's like they just put you on some kind of list where literally the rest of your life, you can't use them.

I've had to use family member's accounts and for the past year or two at least I haven't used them at all.. just paid debit or credit card directly, now that EBay gives you that option. If I ever actually open up a business etc.. maybe I will look at Square. CashApp isn't really "business-like."

Last edited:
If you are a heavy hitter selling millions of $$$ through PayPal like @AutoMechanic they will give you millions of $$ in loans with no fees or interest...really...
Bottom feeders like me and Pablo get soaked instead... 😂

Robert Kiyosaki who? @AutoMechanic and I are holding both a PayPal and Real Estate wealth seminar NEAR YOU! Dean Graziosi and Matthew Lesko can only wish to be as amazing as we are. lol

@Slow Car Sport Mode
I use PayPal as my merchant account. Yes, I agree with what you said and sometimes they infuriate me.
Why do I use them?
I had many merchant accounts before, and I do mail order only.
I pay PP 3.25% across the board as a flat rate.
When I read statements from previous merchant accounts, they would nail me for American Express as well
as reward cards and the like and sometimes those fees were 7%.....

What they claim looks good until you go over their statements and no need for a virtual terminal and PP integrates
with my shopping cart and I don't have to deal with declines either.

I ultimately got my PayPay account shut down/deleted (probably permanently blacklisted) shortly after my sale of an iPad 2 to someone overseas. It was either Europe or New Zealand. I forget.

Somehow, they wanted to treat my (I had PayPal for 7 or 8 years. Maybe 11) PayPal account as a Business account. I was "retronrex" as an EBay seller and on PayPal I was able to receive payments for items sold. I had at least 277 transactions, had some color star, and was doing well.

They asked me for many many documents.. and, eventually, just deleted my whole account and same with retronrex. Remember that EBay bought PayPal or I may have that reversed, I don't know.

I had a similar thing with some kind of overseas (UK again) financial scam where I eventually got $400 refunded. Took awhile but.. just, never again.

For over $1 doesn't surprise me.. sometimes, if you use the site that will sell you a fake Rolex for a little more than $200, your card may act funny or ask you to approve the transaction when it goes through the currency exchange rate.

I'm pretty much done with PayPal for anything.
With 277 transactions? For sure they will treat you as a business.

They don't ask for that many docs.

Fleabay bought Paypal awhile back (2002??) and spun them off awhile back (2012??). So Paypal is a stand alone company.

They suck but a lot of people use Paypal still so merchants still use them. When I had one of my other businesses of course we had to use Paypal, but we would leverage them again merchant processors for card processing. Those sucker leeches will come down. Paypal couldn't beat 2.5% that BAM offered. But we still accepted Paypal.

As a side note, I used to have a second address at PayPal for my US bound orders, not anymore. Because I'm in Canada, I can only have shipments delivered to my Canadian address. Does anyone know why?

Overall, I've been very happy with PayPal, with it's ease of payment transactions and dispute settlements.

I filed a dispute for an $899 item on eBay once (it never arrived, and they provided an incorrect tracking number). I never entered a disputed amount but somehow it defaulted to $1. eBay sided with me a gave me $1 back…

Thankfully I filed a fraud claim with my CC company and got my $899 back.

Back