Pay Pal Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that FP/LC and now S/F use pay pal. Once "verified" can one still use credit cards to "send" money? The site infers you will use your checking/savings account. I don't feel comfortable with that since P/P can and will be hacked someday. Credit Card companies will protect after the 1st $50, but banks I don't think will have such low limits. So how else will I be able to purchase from these companies? Since they are Site Sponsors, I'm sure we can work out check/money order and snail mail, right? Any suggestions/experiences are appreciated!
patriot.gif

Just before Christmas, I bought FP strainght off the site without using paypal. A few months earlier, I recall having to use paypal to pay.

what is S/F???

JMH

You have control on whether your credit card or your bank account is drawn upon by default. Go to your paypal account and set it up to use a credit card by default. A bank account serves as a 2nd form of ID so to speak.

quote:

I don't feel comfortable with that since P/P can and will be hacked someday.

It already has and paypal doesn't care.

They have no problem with stealing your money.

I would never attach my checking account to it. That's just asking for trouble.

I have only used it with a credit card that I can petition the charges to be reversed. I suggest you do the same.

I use Paypal and don't give out my checking account for the "verification" process. It's not needed to utilize the service anyway.

Same here. Most credit cards will give some sort of consumer protection for free. If yours doesn't, shop around. There are a lot of them out there. I like in particular Quantum. They offer "no pay" if the purchase wasn't done by you and "internet" protection, if somehow your card gets used on the internet and you weren't the actual user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back