Pay attention to what you click on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The reading comprehension comment is a bit off base imo.

I’ve been on a number of websites that pre-click options that you have to uncheck. But, if you have to correct something, all those options get checked again. It is irksome and devious

Originally Posted By: StevieC

I have never gotten an e-mail and I have some stuff on subscribe.
21.gif

You are also on amazon canada.. totally different site really.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Not commenting on the OP ordering mistake,

Amazon has got to be knocked back to the stone age. Too Big. A Destroyer.

Why? They're an amazing company in terms of customer service, innovation and service/product success. People choose to use Amazon, they don't have to, the fact that millions of us do on a WEEKLY basis is very telling of just how good they are.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
...With that said, Amazon does normally send you an email a few days before your next Subscribe&Save delivery ships out, giving you a chance to cancel/reschedule if you dont need it.

I only have a couple items on S&S, but that's how it's always worked for me.

Originally Posted By: Al
Many hundreds of orders over many years many many thousands of $$$$$$$$$$. Can't recall even one problem.
Don't complain about Amazon compilation at yourself for screwing up.

01.gif

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
...With that said, Amazon does normally send you an email a few days before your next Subscribe&Save delivery ships out, giving you a chance to cancel/reschedule if you dont need it.

I only have a couple items on S&S, but that's how it's always worked for me.

We try to wait until we have 5 items, to take advantage of the 15% off, instead of just 5%. We order less if we're nearly out of something or something is much cheaper right now, but some good planning for normal things (diapers, paper towels, toilet paper, soap, etc) make lumping S&S items together pretty easy.

I compared prices on bulk items with local prices, including BJ's, and Amazon comes out better most times, slightly more than BJ's others. The difference, is that the slightly higher cost over BJ's results in buying giant sizes, where as I can buy a normal pack of soap or what have you from Amazon.

I have been a customer for years and never had a problem that their customer service did not take care of to my satisfaction. I think if you email them they will take care of you.

A couple days ago I'm browsing Amazon putting items in my cart and it kept insisting I try prime for free for 30 days, well I hit try prime and as soon as I did I get a notification from my bank that's I just made a purchase for around $104,which is the price for a full year of prime. So now I'm out $104 waiting on a refund, from which there customer service representative at Amazon had no idea how it happened nor could she do anything for my inconvenience.

Sometimes they have a sale for Prime memberships.

Amazon knows people with Prime memberships spend 5x more each year compared to non Prime members. That's why you see Prime membership ads everywhere.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: shurguywutt
So I was on amazon last night and I made an order for some baby supplies and everything looked good. Turns out this morning I got a notification that 6 qts of Mag1 synthetic ($50) and a RP filter ($15) are being shipped today. Turns out I was looking at oil a few months ago on amazon and I must have clicked a "subscribe" button to see the special price... Well looks like I just spent $65 I had no intention on spending because I still have a ton of oil in my garage... Hopefully I can send it back. I am sure I am not the first that this has happened to so just be careful with "subscription" service.

I don't think it is possible to subscribe to a purchase without first purchasing the item. If you were subscribed to it then you must have bought it previously, not just looking at it.

I thought the same but I had never ordered this product before.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
As with all of these Amazon threads, you clicked on something you shouldn't have. Your fault, not theirs.

+1. Reading comprehension goes a long way in terms of self protection.

It's like a good portion of the BITOG community has a superiority complex. You know because they couldn't make it a little clearer in case people miss it. Sheesh.

crackmeup2.gif

Starting to feel bad for a OP right now...

Would much rather lift folks up rather than bring them down....

From someone who almost died a few times- I just can't live in negativity- never know how long we will be here....

Amazon has got to be knocked back to the stone age.

I came to the same conclusion when I started getting junk mail from local businesses based on my amazon purchases.

Stuff like that QP drives me nuts. It's like you need to spend an hour before placing an order to make sure they aren't going to opt you in for something.
mad.gif

Just need to pay attention to what the order shows. It should be all be shown itemized before you hit the final order button.

You REALLY have to be NOT paying attention if you hit Subscribe & Save without wanting it, and pushed it all the way through. And left it there.

I try to buy stuff directly from the original vendor.

EeeBAY would have been in Amazon spot, except for paypal foibles, IMO. That's what drove me from EeeBAY. Hacked paypal account.

One big reason Amazon is successful is that you can get EXACTLY what you want and not have to settle for less at a brick and mortar store. I can hunt all over the place for a Zojirushi rice cooker which is the best from Japan, or I can go to Amazon who has many different models and sizes. A Columbia fleece jacket I was interested in was hanging about 15 feet up on a display. Not good for customers. This store had three different colors. Amazon had many more color choices.

Like so many others do, I go to the stores to price check and feel the goods. Then I go home and order online at a much lower price and it shows up on the back stoop.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
As with all of these Amazon threads, you clicked on something you shouldn't have. Your fault, not theirs.

It's like a good portion of the BITOG community has a superiority complex. You know because they couldn't make it a little clearer in case people miss it. Sheesh.

crackmeup2.gif

Starting to feel bad for a OP right now...

Would much rather lift folks up rather than bring them down....

From someone who almost died a few times- I just can't live in negativity- never know how long we will be here....

Don't feel bad for the OP it is not a surprise to find the usual trolls with a superiority complex on BITOG.

I actually posted this to help others out and raise awareness about the subscribe feature on Amazon which is subject to HUGE price changes (~$25 originally, then changed to $50 later which is a 50% price hike). I am a pretty tech saavy guy who orders from amazon pretty frequently and I did not have anything "by mistake" in my cart. Luckily Amazon is a standup company and they refunded my order even after it had shipped. Kudos to them. This is why they are successful because they realize the importance of customer satisfaction and will take a small financial hit in logistics in order to ensure they do not lose customers after acquiring them. I have been a Amazon customer since 2006 and will continue to be.

Originally Posted By: shurguywutt
I actually posted this to help others out and raise awareness about the subscribe feature on Amazon which is subject to HUGE price changes (~$25 originally, then changed to $50 later which is a 50% price hike). I am a pretty tech saavy guy who orders from amazon pretty frequently and I did not have anything "by mistake" in my cart. Luckily Amazon is a standup company and they refunded my order even after it had shipped. Kudos to them. This is why they are successful because they realize the importance of customer satisfaction and will take a small financial hit in logistics in order to ensure they do not lose customers after acquiring them. I have been a Amazon customer since 2006 and will continue to be.

So you don't have to send the items back?

$25 to $50 is a 100% price hike.
wink.gif

Just like the CEO of Amazon. … can’t stand the guy and will never make any mistakes placing zero orders there …

Originally Posted By: RamFan

Why? They're an amazing company in terms of customer service, innovation and service/product success. People choose to use Amazon, they don't have to, the fact that millions of us do on a WEEKLY basis is very telling of just how good they are.

Shopping has been made too easy and customers are lazy.
But I guess most don't or cannot understand the impact on the economy.

It's Too late,anyhow, for the U.S of A. That's why I didn't have any children. Don't want them growing up in this horrid mess the greedy turned us into.
Maybe I've got to move farther off the grid to regain sanity and a good sense of being.

We're done. Stupid and lazy.
Sad to say.

Last edited:

I try to buy stuff directly from the original vendor.

EeeBAY would have been in Amazon spot, except for paypal foibles, IMO. That's what drove me from EeeBAY. Hacked paypal account.

Not sure I agree that Amazon is too big.

In 2016, Amazon sales were $136 Billion.
For comparison, Target sales in 2016 were about 1/2 of that at 69.5 Billion. Wal*Mart has 2016 sales of $482 Billion or not quite 4x that of Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back