Pay as you drive fee for my teen drivers

It was just a number. We just want it to "hurt" a little bit so the kids take care of the car and not we are not trying to make a profit off them. My wife and I will have to think about this number.
(y) I didn't mean to make it sound like you were turning a profit, was just basically trying to point out potential unforeseen consequences. Was guessing insurance might end up in the same relative ballpark as $200 a month but I am so out of touch with what it would cost for a teenager's insurance.

Next you'll have to think about how to deal when the current 16 year old and 14 year old are home for summer break and both need to drive to their jobs. :D Good luck I have a while before I have to think about stuff like this.

PWMDMD

(y) I didn't mean to make it sound like you were turning a profit, was just basically trying to point out potential unforeseen consequences. Was guessing insurance might end up in the same relative ballpark as $200 a month but I am so out of touch with what it would cost for a teenager's insurance.

Next you'll have to think about how to deal when the current 16 year old and 14 year old are home for summer break and both need to drive to their jobs. :D Good luck I have a while before I have to think about stuff like this.
No worries. Just finished buying the car and will pick it up Tuesday after work. My comments:

1. Haven't said anything to the kids.

2. KIA is still offering 1.9% financing for 48 months.

3. I got the car for MSRP which in this market I think is pretty good.

4. I really liked the vehicle. TONS of headroom and space - I'm 6'5" and it has more headroom without a moonroof than my Tundra does with a moonroof. Really smooth drivetrain too and nicely weighted steering. The only option it has is the tech package which includes rear cross traffic alert, blindspot monitoring, lane change assist, and 16" wheels.

5. Adding this vehicle to our current policy and putting the 16-year-old as the primary driver added $700 per year to our policy with full coverage at USAA.

6. I drove my wife's RX 350 for the first time in a few months and she normally does 10,000 miles per year. The last oil change was on April 10, 2022 at 30,345 miles and today the car has 34,875 miles on it - so 4,500 miles in 2 months with him driving it.