Paul Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pbm
Maybe Julio beat him up down at the schoolyard...

*** Well played Sir!
thumbsup2.gif

JP

Donald, could you post a video of yourself on stage for us to contrast?

Paul Simon was/is a huge talent but the years have not been kind to him. His voice used to be like butter but now it's just gone. Kinda sad.

I was never a fan but did you really have to go there?

Originally Posted By: Doog
Hopefully he will croak soon so we are no longer tortured with that dead guy voice.

Many older singers of his generation no longer have a strong voice. Lots of things change as we age. I actually find it amazing that some of the older performers from 30+ years ago are still selling out the arenas even though they ain't as good as the old days.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Many older singers of his generation no longer have a strong voice. Lots of things change as we age. I actually find it amazing that some of the older performers from 30+ years ago are still selling out the arenas even though they ain't as good as the old days.

Have you heard John Mellencamp's voice in the last few years. It's absolutely shot from a lifetime of smoking. However, his last couple albums have been probably his best, absolutely fantastic wondering and musicianship.

People pay a fortune to see stars from 30 years ago because they want to pretend they are 30 years younger for a night. I won't pay the triple digit concert prices for these acts

Tony Bennett is still amazing and will be 90 next month. Saw a show on PBS a couple of years ago where he traveled the world to do a bunch of duets with different singers, from GaGa to Queen Latifah to Amy Winehouse, Josh Brogan and more. Fantastic! He is planning on doing a Duet II soon.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
There is a reason Art Garfunkel sang lead on that song.
27.gif

+1.....he has a better voice.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I was never a fan but did you really have to go there?

Hopefully he will croak soon so we are no longer tortured with that dead guy voice.

Well there should be a department from the government (like the fashion police) who visits these performers when they hit the wall....sit them down and tell them "it's over"

Then smash their guitar like Belushi did in animal house. Before they destroy everyone's fine memories.

I mean Joan Rivers looked like a plastic doll.

Simon was definitely the "rocker" of Simon and Garfunkel while Garfunkel was the vocal extraordinaire. Go through their discography and you'll notice Simon sang all their more rockish tunes while Garfunkel sang on their soft rock stuff.

What kind of a scum bag would say something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back