Past 5 years of small SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR-V, CX-5, and Forester are my top picks. Forester just because i have witnessed the ludicrously high resale value. CR-V and CX-5 should be good resellers too.

I think you will really like the last generation (2010-15) Lexus RX350. Great build quality, very quiet and fairly reliable. I would try to get a later one (2013+) if possible since the interior is a bit nicer and the later ones are less likely to have some of the 2GR-FE issues that plague the early ones.

I recommend a Hyundai Tucson or if you want slightly bigger go with the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. Both are great vehicles that get a lot of features for the money. The build quality is great and the warranty is fantastic.

Have you considered a Toyota Venza? More of a car like ride that you want with lots of SUV type space.

I haven't seen Chevy Equinox mentioned yet. My wife has one and it's been almost flawless for the past 5 years. She special ordered a 2LT 2.4 4 cyl back in Sept 2011 and it's been in the shop once for an assembly related problem when it was a month old.

The Ford Explorer Police Interceptors i have been seeing lately are making me want to test drive one. I had my heart set on a Rav4 in a few months but will test drive a newer explorer also.

my dad bought a 16 Hyundai Santa Fe sport this past May, for what he paid and the features he got its really hard to beat for the money/warranty/new car feel. Build quality is on the up and up compared to older Hyundais front and rear heated seats, awd, turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back