Parts Plus PH 2867 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my order from RockAuto today of WIX air and oil filters for my vehicles. I noticed the one Wix oil filter boxes was partially open so I pulled out the filter and it was a blue Parts Plus filter. This was in a Wix 51356 box. So I called Rockauto and the customer service rep cross referenced it and said it will work on my 07 Accord. She went on to say that "the original manufacturer may have stopped production and substituted another filter or bought another filter to replace it....bla bla bla. I probably should have insisted that they take the filter back and send me a real WIX filter but wondered if anyone had any thoughts or insight to this. Is this an OK filter to use?

Thanks,
Scott

I would use it. The numbers do cross reference. Probably just a packaging mistake between production runs.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
I would use it. The numbers do cross reference. Probably just a packaging mistake between production runs.

Possibly. Slightly OT, but about a year ago, I opened a sealed 12 pack of Busch Light beer and it had 11 Busch Lights and 1 regular Busch.
I've ordered a couple of times here lately from Rock Auto and I've gotten parts from what I call bargain bin selections. You know, some of those that only have a 30 day (or whatever) warranty. The parts were okay, but they've looked like they've been in a store window for a couple of years. The boxes were sun faded and some of them were a really old style container. I'd like to know the history of some of the parts I ordered and how many times they've been returned from the warehouse or parts store that they were shipped from.

Last edited:
While I respect your right to your opinion and how you perform your maintenance, it's kinda like saying you change your oil at 1000 miles because you saw someone who never changed it and you saw what happened. No OEM ever recommended 11000 mile OCIs. I drove well over 400 miles a day and didn't exceed the OEM recommendation. Granted this was the later 70's and early 80's.

You probably installed an orange can of doom or another cheaper filter offering.

His oil was shot well before he changed it. Now if he had done 5k OCI and changed the filter every other time, what do you think the outcome would have been?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
While I respect your right to your opinion and how you perform your maintenance, it's kinda like saying you change your oil at 1000 miles because you saw someone who never changed it and you saw what happened. No OEM ever recommended 11000 mile OCIs. I drove well over 400 miles a day and didn't exceed the OEM recommendation. Granted this was the later 70's and early 80's.

You probably installed an orange can of doom or another cheaper filter offering.

His oil was shot well before he changed it. Now if he had done 5k OCI and changed the filter every other time, what do you think the outcome would have been?

Hmm....If I remember correctly, he used Amzoil filters and oil. BTW, is there any chance you replied to the wrong post?

Originally Posted By: wolfehunter
and it was a blue Parts Plus filter.

they sell those here and alot of garages use them. anyone know who makes parts plus filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back