Particle count from my oil analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I scanned in the particle count graphs on two of my recent oil analysis, one is my mom's Probe GT using a Ford OEM filter and a 5000 mile interval with Mobil 1 10w30 Trisynthetic, the other one is my 95 Firebird Formula using a K&N filter with Schaeffer Supreme 10w30 for a 740 mile interval (it was the baseline sample I took on the batch I'm currently still running)

here is the page:

http://www.geocities.com/gattsls1/particle.html

Can anyone make heads or tails of this?

Well-they are both about the same
shocked.gif
The Iso code deals with numbers of particle vs a specific size. The ISO- 20 number is 5,000-10,000 particles per millileter. ISO 21 is double or 10,000 to 20,000. ISO 19 is 2,500 to 5,000.

The old ISO standard was #4406 which gave ISO numbers for particles equal or greater than 2 microns, 5 microns and 15 microns. It would look something like 18/16/13 for example. That probably doesn help you
frown.gif

I thought they looked to be identical, which is either a very big coincidence or these graphs mean nothing.

I guess I won't know until I see a few more of my oil analysis results from this lab. I'll have three reports coming up in the springtime, one of which will be with a Purolator Premium Plus filter and the other two with K&Ns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back