Partial Dentures

Status
Not open for further replies.
After about 2 months back and forth to the dentist, I received my upper and lower partial dentures today. My dentist had to tweak them just a skosh. It's going to take time getting used to them, esp. trying to talk correctly.
Anyone else here with partial dentures, and can give me any tips on keeping them clean, what can be eaten, and not? My dentist recommended using soap and water to clean them. And, NO TOOTHPASTE!
It feels kind of like a strange subject to be discussing, but, it is what it is.
27.gif

I have a partial lower that fills a gap on either side of my mouth. I actually on put them in at night to keep my teeth straight. I soak them in Polident tablets or equivqlent

[Linked Image]

I'm in the middle of an implant procedure, because I don't want to deal with a denture for the next 42 years. (Assuming I live to 90, fingers crossed!)

In march the broken tooth was extracted and a titanium post inserted below the gumline. In September, I'l have the part of the post that protrudes above the gumline installed, and a few weeks later the crown attached. It all sounds gross, but the entire process is fascinating to me.

Implants are the way to go for a permanent fix, unless something drastic happens to your face or gums.
Mine are 15 years in, look natural, work just like natural chompers.
dadto2, your procedure is long.... I had the Ti insert placed in the bone, healed for 4 weeks, and post and crown done the same day.
It is pretty fascinating to understand that the Ti implant simply becomes part of you in the jawbone, just like the natural tooth root.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back