Parrots

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAA..I've thought about it, trust me. I've also thought about leaving the windows open when their wings are fully grown.

I've had a few parrots and parrot-like birds. My favorite was a Half-moon Conure. He looked like a tiny Amazon, and could say a couple of words in a tiny voice. He'd lie on his back in your hand like a baby. A pefect little pet. On the the other end of the spectrum I also had SOB of an Orange Winged Amazon that I bought from a local zoo. He was the nastiest non-human creature I have ever encountered. Try to feed him, he tried to bite. Insisted on trying to fly with his wing feathers clipped, and seemed to get highly irritated when he crashed, so he's hop across the floor and try to bite whoever was nearby. His favorite activity seemed to be sitting on top of his cage and screaming as loud and as long as he could. He met his end one day during one of his attempts at flight, crashing into the wall and breaking his neck. I wish I could say I miss him.

Buster,

How does it feel to know you have pets that will probably outlive you?
wink.gif

You know Sir Winston Churchill's parrot, "Charlie" is still living, dont you? That parrot is 105 years old, & still curses the Nazis.

A guy received a parrot for his birthday. The parrot was fully grown, with a bad attitude and worse vocabulary. Every other word was an expletive. Those that weren't expletives were, to say the least, rude. The guy tried hard to change the bird's attitude and was constantly saying polite words, playing soft music, anything he could think of to try and set a good example.

Nothing worked. He yelled at the bird and the bird yelled back. He shook the bird and the bird just got more angry and more rude. Finally, in a moment of desperation, the guy put the parrot in the freezer. For a few moments he heard the bird squawk and kick and scream. Then suddenly there was quiet. Not a sound for half a minute. The guy was frightened that he might have hurt the bird and quickly opened the freezer door.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto his extended arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I will endeavour at once to correct my behaviour. I really am truly sorry and beg your forgiveness."

He was astonished at the bird's change in attitude and was about to ask what had made such a dramatic change, when the bird answered the question.

“Pray tell kind sir. Would you please explain as to the actions that led that chicken to be incarcerated in the freezer ?”

Does anyone have any parrots? We have a Yellow Nape Amazon and a Cockatoo. The Cockatoo we bought about 2 months ago. Nice bird but EXTREMELY LOUD. I can't stand it sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back