Parking lots filled with backlog of unfinished Super Duties visible from space.

the market doesn’t want poverty pack vehicles
That is what the mfrs claim...like i said customers cant buy what manufacturers wont produce..so self fulfilling ...you cannot even order base trim cars anymore so of course these bidness men claim people wont buy them 😉

That is what the mfrs claim...like i said customers cant buy what manufacturers wont produce..so self fulfilling ...you cannot even order base trim cars anymore so of course these bidness men claim people wont buy them 😉
Companies are in business to maximize profits and the wealth of their shareholders.

Folks do not want base trim cars all that much anymore. The manufacturers are building the cars that most want, and they are more expensive than base models.

Some day perhaps (likely not for many years) things will get so expensive that lots and lots of folks will scramble for basic transportation. When that happens, manufacturers will provide what people can afford to purchase.

Folks do not want base trim cars all that much anymore. The manufacturers are building the cars that most want, and they are more expensive than base models.

Some day perhaps (likely not for many years) things will get so expensive that lots and lots of folks will scramble for basic transportation. When that happens, manufacturers will provide what people can afford to purchase.
I imagine base model cars would sell. But why should manufacturers build them when higher profit cars sell?
Just my 2 cents...

But you may be right. Honda used to sell DX, LX and EX. DX was the strippie and may have had a lessor engine, smaller wheels, etc.
I think they did away with DX in the later 90's ?

Manufacturers refuse (at least in the USA) to build/sell any reasonable base model cars, if you refuse to offer such a product then clearly nobody can buy them. Fait accompli.

Folks won't want what manufacturers refuse to sell them.

Manufacturers refuse (at least in the USA) to build/sell any reasonable base model cars, if you refuse to offer such a product then clearly nobody can buy them. Fait accompli.

Folks won't want what manufacturers refuse to sell them.

It’s the chicken or the egg quandary. From my perspective most buyers do not want a base model vehicle.

What's a base model car? They've had AC and automatic transmissions for years.
Crank windows (a personal favorite of mine) are only occasionally seen. It's a muddle.
"Base model" means "car companies' least equipped" vehicles.

Wasn't it Will Rogers who said, "America is the first country to drive to the poor farm in a self-parking $80,000 pickup with a gosh, chromed plastic grille and lane warning"?

It’s the chicken or the egg quandary. From my perspective most buyers do not want a base model vehicle.

People want a nice car-because statistics show that they are kept longer by the original owner. So-if you are going to drive something 10 years-surround yourself with creature comforts. I don't know anyone who prefers to keep a penalty box economy car for that long, if they can afford something else.

The Drive reports on the thousands of Super Duty trucks from the Louisville Ford plant, being stockpiled one hour away at Kentucky Speedway... unfinished.

Ford is one bad hail storm, or one tornado, away from a small disaster.

So, I guess a question. Once they get the chips, can they put up tents and finish these trucks on site... and then ship them out from the racetrack, or do they have to truck them all back to the plant in Louisville? The story would suggest that they'll be completed at the track, and then shipped from there.

I really hope these auto manufacturers learn a thing or two, from what all has happened in the past 15 months.
Without these chips … the 2WD front locker will not engage …

Seems like things are going to get worse now with the pipeline supposedly being shutdown and they don't know when it will be restarted.
Might not matter about those chips if you can't get gas to power the vehicles. 🤪

Back