parking car for 20 days outside

Point is: this guy needs his car to start and run when he gets back from 20 days at work. Your Oldsmobile didn’t, so your experience isn’t relevant, or helpful, to the OP.
The car started fine up to 2 years ago which was 8 years into the storage. That's still a bit longer than 20 days.

Im starting a new job. 20 days on, 10 off. Ill be leaving my minivan in an outside secured lot 20 days at a time.

My concern is mostly the fuel. I don't want to store it with a full tank because I'll never burn a full tank in the 10 days off.
Ten days off? I'd be able to find enough driving in that much time to burn off a full tank.

On the last day, just fill the tank back up with fresh gas.

I've parked my van and various other vehicles for over 20 days more times than I can count. Never a problem. I'd worry about something else.

I wouldn't be worried about fuel, I'd worry more about having a good battery and making sure you don't have any draws.

Im starting a new job. 20 days on, 10 off. Ill be leaving my minivan in an outside secured lot 20 days at a time.

My concern is mostly the fuel. I don't want to store it with a full tank because I'll never burn a full tank in the 10 days off.

So would a 1/4 tank be fine? This is in Edmonton where temps will routinely hit -30c

Also the battery. These minivans have adaptive transmissions that move the shift points based on the driver. It takes a few cycles to map this so I would prefer to leave the battery connected. You think it would be flat after 20 days?
What kind of car ?

Years ago I left my truck at the airport for a month - it had a solar tender. I handed the shuttle driver my ticket - he said no way - they have ripped out that lot. He hauled me on a wild goose chase - then we talked to the attendant …
My truck was sitting on the last tiny patch of asphalt - thick layer of dirt covering the paint … CAT equipment for friends
Fired right up … 😷

Back