Parents are in Toronto, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad just called. They're in town for a wedding tomorrow and will be there for another day or so. Can any of you Torontonese suggest any good places or things to see, do, or eat? I don't know if they have any free time in their itinerary, but they usually don't plan these things very precisely. I already told them about Tim Horton's - they just finished eating there when they called. They enjoyed it. My dad was impressed with the fact that "they had all kinda weird donuts and fritters and stuff." I'd appreciate any suggestions. I thought it might be nice to pass some 'insider' information along.

I wish they weren't flying back - I'd have them pick up a few quarts (liters?) of souvenir oil...

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Go to the top of the CN tower.
Go down the highway 1 hr. to see Niagara Falls.
+1
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, I'll pass along everything in an email later tonight.

As it turns out, they went down Niagara way just today. I've been there myself and I must say the view is much better on the Canadian side. That was back in the pre-passport days.

There's tons to do in toronto, but if they have the time I'd recommend heading north a couple hours on highway 10, and see the very best Canada has to offer - unspoiled nature.

It's Pride Weekend in Toronto and the Parade is on Sunday afternoon if they want to see something really interesting. There is also great food along Church st. Before/After/During the event.

Not everyone's cup of tea though...
whistle.gif

So am I the only one who say the subject line and thought it was a younger guy asking for party ideas while he's home alone?

Originally Posted By: ksJoe
So am I the only one who say the subject line and thought it was a younger guy asking for party ideas while he's home alone?

+1 for me. I shared your exact same thoughts.

What I find more humorous was greenaccord's priority recommendation to visit Tim Horton's! From Michigan, people go to Toronto for it's cultural attractions. Broadway plays are popular.

Tim Horton's? Reminds me of my youth when we visited relatives down south and we made sure to go to White Castle.

Maybe the Tim Horton's that are springing up in Michigan lost something when they crossed the border....I gave up on them after three visits.

When I wrote the thread I looked back after posting and thought that it might be misconstrued that way. I'm kinda glad somebody else thought the same thing.

If this thread was written a few years ago that would have been the meaning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back