Paradise Valley, Montana

2nd time here, still as pretty as the first time. Will post up some buffalo pics tomorrow as they’re out by the thousands down in the Gardiner area. That’s Emigrant Peak in the background.

A7656599-2630-4D85-9C05-74BFAB98D242.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
God's own country. Love the areas around Lewiston and Gardner. The Gallatin and Absaroka ranges are lovely.

Edit: Livingston, MT, not Lewiston which is in the panhandle of Idaho on the way to my brother's old place.

Last edited:
Love Montana. My brother lived in Livingston a while back and I had gone up to visit him. He was staying with his girlfriend and her family friends in Emigrant in 2014 for vacation and his intake manifold gasket went on his Lexus. I drove up from Phoenix and stayed there for a week while we fixed it and drove back.

2nd time here, still as pretty as the first time. Will post up some buffalo pics tomorrow as they’re out by the thousands down in the Gardiner area. That’s Emigrant Peak in the background.
SRR,

Looked awesome- until I saw the snow on the mountains......... GGGRRRRRRR. I am sure mornings in Paradise Valley are very crispy.

More natural beauty & freecycled materials. I don’t care how “convenient” city life may be, this is how I want to live.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: 4WD
More natural beauty & freecycled materials. I don’t care how “convenient” city life may be, this is how I want to live.
I grew up on a farm with no electricity and no running water. But we had a telephone, a battery powered radio, a good (hand pumped) well and a sauna for weekly bathing. The roads were completely blown-in for 2 - 3 months a year but we could still "get out" by tractor or horse drawn sleigh over the fields. My cousins and uncles were big into hunting and fishing - for almost free food.

Life in the country is simple but it isn't easy.

I grew up on a farm with no electricity and no running water. But we had a telephone, a battery powered radio, a good (hand pumped) well and a sauna for weekly bathing. The roads were completely blown-in for 2 - 3 months a year but we could still "get out" by tractor or horse drawn sleigh over the fields. My cousins and uncles were big into hunting and fishing - for almost free food.

Life in the country is simple but it isn't easy.
When I was a kid an elderly lady from our church told me that the "good old days" were mostly just a lot of back breaking hard work. It put a different perspective on watching shows like Little House on the Prairie and romantic ideas I picked up reading historical fiction.

Got a little snow yesterday evening and the clouds are still covering the mountains. You can barely pick them out in the shadows in the back right side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 7
Most of last night’s snow melted. Driven down through Corwin Springs to Gardiner, have seen well over 1k each of bison, deer, elk, and pronghorn, along with a lone wolf whose pack left him behind due to a serious limp. It’s absolutely amazing that these wild animals are so used to humans that even the wolf had no fear at
No bears or otters though. Still a couple of days to be hopeful!

Attachments

• 55678BCD-FD93-4670-A01F-58A240019083.jpeg
    55678BCD-FD93-4670-A01F-58A240019083.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 11
Back