Panic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....I'm still not totally calmed down yet but this was crazy......let me explain...

Out riding last nite, I stopped to fill up my motorcycle's gas tank. When I released the filler lever, it didn't shut off. Panic sets in!! I'm beating the thing around to get it to shut off, while trying to keep the nozzle in the tank, but, soon gas is shooting up in the air all over the place. Finally, I jump over to the pump and hit the on/off lever. Phew!!! What a mess. They had one of those "emergency spill kits" there, which is basically kitty litter that you must spread around, so I do all that. I wipe the bike down as best I can and figure it'll air dry, 'cause gas evaporates so quickly. I got some on the arm of my leather jacket, but figured it'll evaporate while I'm riding..

Anyway, I ride away, and next thing I know, my right arm - the one that had been holding the filler nozzle, is on FIRE!! Must have been a spark from the engine or something. Ever notice how sometimes life goes into 'Fast Forward', well, in this case, it went into Slow Motion!! Surreally, I'm trying to slow down and get the fire out, and as I pull to the side of the road, I notice a police car's red/blue lights flashing in my mirror. I rip my jacket off and jump up/down on it to get the fire out - fortunately that and my heavy riding gloves prevented a major burn, and notice the officer walking up to me.

He says "Sir, step away from the motorcycle"; I'm thinking this is a little weird, but I do it.

Then I notice his hand resting on the handle of his duty weapon, and I hear "You're under arrest".

WHAT, it's illegal to be on fire in this state?!?!?!

So I ask, "what for?!?!?"

He says……………>

…………………………..>

It's coming………..

……………………………>

Almost………………….

………………………………>

"For driving with an illegal firearm"…..
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back